Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

SAFELY IN THE SECURITY OF THE LORD

Today I am going home. I have been in Durango Colorado with my oldest daughter, her hubby, my youngest daughter and her beau. Nick had been so ill I thought of canceling but my sweets said go, he had it all covered. Nick is recovering from a horrible case of strep throat. Those amazing anti-biotics really do their job!
We are going to take Markus back to Gunnison three and a half hours from Durango. My strength of my Lord and Saviors lies in the fact that e will travel over the million dollar highway here. This 45 minutes road is completed in ten minutes on youtube. Please enjoy the view while you are praying for me and the phamily today.
 I am afraid of traveling over Monarch Pass here. 
While you stop by Spiritual Sunday and visit Charlotte and Ginger to thank them for hosting this Sunday post please visit all the other participates of these soul feeding journey we all are on. These are two amazing ladies and we thank them for their hard work making this go off each week.
Today I will leave you with this verse:
 38For I am convinced that neither (A)death, nor life, nor (B)angels, nor principalities, nor (C)things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
 39nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from (D)the love of God, which is (E)in Christ Jesus our Lord. 
Turn to Romans 8:38-39 for some safety securing yourself in His loving arms.

15 comments:

Rose said...

Good morning. Have a safe trip . I watched some of the video, but I get motion sick. It's a tough road. God is with you. my prayers for you in your travels. rose

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I'll be praying for travelling mercies!!! Any update on the housing situation? I'm still praying you find just the right place at the right price!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Rebecca Nelson said...

I love Durango. Stayed in a B and B there and almost went over the edge of the cliff and Silverton Pass. :(

I'll be thinking of you as you travel my friend. Prayers going up for you all.

xo~Rebecca

Donnie said...

Such lovely verse to end with. I hope and pray you all had safe travels. My 6 year old grandson is recovering from strep- nasty illness. Have a blessed day.

Jane said...

I'm praying that your travels are safe!

Jane

Jenny said...

Beautiful verse. Lovely post. Sending a little hug and a prayer for safe travels for you.

Anonymous said...

Well, I've never been to Colorado but I have been on my share of mountain roads in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana. I will never forget when I was about 13 and my pen pal from Florida was visiting. My family took her to Mt. Rainier, elevation 14,410 ft. She was so scared of the drive, that she spent the whole time on the floor of the car- with her head buried! Hope you had a safe trip home. Happy Spiritual Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Well, I've never been to Colorado but I have been on my share of mountain roads in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana. I will never forget when I was about 13 and my pen pal from Florida was visiting. My family took her to Mt. Rainier, elevation 14,410 ft. She was so scared of the drive, that she spent the whole time on the floor of the car- with her head buried! Hope you had a safe trip home. Happy Spiritual Sunday!

Chatty Crone said...

I am praying for you for a safe passage home. sandie

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I will pray that you have a safe trip.Try to enjoy the beauty that God made.
Blessings,
Ginger

PBKISSES said...

So glad to hear that Nick is doing better. Have a safe trip!

Denise said...

Asking God to bless you with traveling graces, love you.

Denise said...

You have been tagged.

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Sweet friend glad you made it home ok, and over Monarch without trouble I hope. Glad Nick is better and you were able to get away..

Yes you heard right, Carl and I are going to be grandparents in late May- early June! So blessed and excited!

hugs
Barb

Intense Guy said...

Those mountains you see from the pass are so awesome!!

Guess ya got to keep your mind off the guard rail and the drop and just look at the distance.