Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Our House is the Alphabe Thursday "H" Letter Today

This my house . Our house . The home we have lived in for fourteen months. I am excited because in a short while we will have  beautiful new security storm doors on our house! Little things one at a time. With this cold, wintry weather we have we decided that we need to add these features. We are working with a company that has been in business since 1979 and put this very door on the first home we owned! Their quality and workmanship is excellent. That door is still on  that first house 27 years later! Hard to find such quality today.

I need to post pictures of our house. I had hoped to have our bedroom redone before the new year so I would be able to show it to you! But that did not happen! So here is a photo of the bedroom currently:

So this is an informal pic! We had to take the lace curtains down and put the black winter curtains up so I will redo a shot and show you! There is Rose chilling at the foot of the bed. That kitty is always snoozing there. She likes the electric blanket. It keeps her warm and she is a cold blooded kitty! Our bed is H U G E ! When we bought it, in the NFL football field sized showroom, the sign on the night stand said "This is B I G". Ha Ha! We still bought it! But we love our bed! It comfortably holds two of us and the two cats. When kids are sick, and believe me, teenage and college aged kids will climb in this bed when they are sick! So this is just a shot of the bed.
When I redo the foot of the bed and find a new place for my mother's hope chest I plan to put a small open style desk there so I can write letters and cards and get caught up in 2012!
Here is a song that reminds me of our house:
We have been busy with car work! Our girls work at Sonic which is next door to Tires Plus! Curtis who works there has helped us with some car repairs and the prices were reasonable. We are trying to get all the cars in tip top shape! Our brand new tires really helped us in the icy storm we experienced today.
So now that we have the third car at the shop we can concentrate on the house again!

I will wait for a sunny day and take more photos to share. In the meantime stop by Jenny's and visit all the H posts! You will enjoy them and perhaps even join us next week!

"It takes hands to build a house but only hearts can build a home."  Author Unknown


"Hospitality is making your guests feel at home even when you wish they were." Author Unknown


"I am grateful for the lawn that needs mowing, the windows that need cleaning and the floors that need waxing because it means I have a home." Author Unknown

22 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

I love updating my home too.
You're gonna love your new door.
I'll be watching for some photos.
It's such a good feeling to love "home".

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love your home!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Pondside said...

You will be so cosy with that new door! You're fortunate to find a good contractor.

anitamombanita said...

Updating a home is a love hate thing for me. I love how it looks when it's all done, but I'm way to impatient to enjoy it, especially after having done it numerous times. Have fun!!

Ames said...

I love the sentiments regarding your home. We always try to make our home have good bones. Styles come and go but good bones stick around for a lot longer. And since we always do things as we can pay cash for them, it sure helps not being in debt. This was a lovely post!~Ames

Vicki/Jake said...

Home is where you hang your security storm doors....:P
Be sure to post the updates! And have fun with your new projects.

Denise said...

Wonderful home.

Erika said...

Have fun 'fixing' up the house. We have been here six years and I still have so much to do!

Erika
Erika
Artful Rising

Anonymous said...

Home is indeed where the heart is! First time joining in for me this week - it makes a really great eclectic read!

Visits With Mary said...

Thanks for inviting us into your home, it was a wonderful visit.
See you again soon!

Anonymous said...

Our house, in the middle of our street. Our house.... -Madness

Love your home. Love that song too. Visiting from Jenny's.

Tayet
lucky13goatranch.blogspot.com
intayetsshoes.blogspot.com

Susan Anderson said...

It's so much fun making your house a home, isn't it?

=)

Beth Dunn said...

I love re doing things a little at a time. I've lived here for 10+ years and still have projects. But it gives me something to look forward to
xoxo
SC

21 Wits said...

A super place to call home! The song is awesome too!

NanaDiana said...

I have to get our house spruced up to sell in the Spring. We are going to be downsizing. I am anxious and excited at the same time.

It will be nice to have a new security/storm door. I love your big old bed! xo Diana

Theresa said...

What a lovely home dear Anne, I know I would feel welcome there! Can't wait to see more pictures! BIG HUGS!

Pat said...

Thank you for sharing your home with us. Noatter how long we live somewhere it always seems like a work in progress.

Love your quotations!

We are snowy & cold this week too.

Stay warm & snug.

Intense Guy said...

I remember when you moved!

Father wears his sunday best
Mothers tired she needs a rest
The kids are playing up downstairs
Sisters sighing in her sleep
Brothers got a date to keep
He cant hang around
Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our ...
Our house it has a crowd
Theres always something happening
And its usually quite loud
Our mum shes so house-proud
Nothing ever slows her down
And a mess is not allowed....

Nonna said...

Loved this post and the lovely quotes too ! We need to do some updating on our home too. It is a long, messy, expensive and kind of disruptive process but so worth it !

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Lovely post and your house becomes a home step by step, project by project. It all comes in time, in seasons. Pack it full of memories to hold close when the cold winds blow.

Tete said...

We have a list, too. Front door, deck, flooring and all the cars need to go in, too.
We have that problem, too- cats, dog and grown kids in bed during bad storms and when they are sick...
We have a big bed, and sometimes its not enough and I end up on the couch...LOL

Jenny said...

I am very Happy we got to see your House...

That song is a great song too!!!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful post for the letter "H"!!!

A+