Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Love is...

I love this sweet little Love is...

I love it because my Sweets and I have been putting together a slide show with music for Nick and also a book of his athletic accomplishments for graduation. This hit home for us. We are wading in photos. We have plastic tubes of photos all over the house!  Best memories are shared with the ones you love! Now visit Marydon. She is always sharing a fun Love is...too.


It is hard to get a good shot of my nails but I had Helen paint my shorter nails royal blue (Nick's school colors royal blue and white) and added black crackle polish over them to make them look like they are crackled. It is very pretty and I thought it would be a good start for Blue Monday. So visit Sally and thank her for being such a terrific hostess.
Now these track and field Mom and Dad shirts are actually royal blue too. We bought them for Nick's college meets, Why my camera is making everything look navy instead of royal blue is beyond me! Sigh!
Keep Nick and his team mates in your prayers as they participate in their final track meet Wednesday. Nick has not been able to break his previous best time so  the meet will be bittersweet. He probably will not be invited to participate in the state championship meet but he worked very hard and he has college in his new horizon so all in all we are all quite happen. We are proud that he worked so hard and did so well during his high school years. We are happy he is attending college with a scholarship and we look forward to him meeting new friends and continuing this journey we call life.
Nick on Saturday May 5th. It was 91 degrees and he did run well. See his royal blue uniform shirt? He also has the two colored running shoes, one lime green, one aqua blue. His time for the 3200k (2 mile) was 10:08!

I had to share Maxine with you today! LOL! She is truthful for sure! The funniest mom story I had heard lately goes like this "I told my kids the ice cream man that drives his truck through the neighborhood only turns on the music when he is out of ice cream." LOL! Smart mom!
Someone told Betty White, "Why don't you get a Face Book page and reconnected with old friends. Betty replied" At my age I'd have better luck with contacting my old friends with a Ouija board!"

Have a  terrific week.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

i love Maxine! The Betty White quote is hilarious.:p

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING that ice cream truck joke! Too funny!! Loving the shirts too!!

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for sharing your many blues--even blue fingernails.

Happy Blue Monday, Anne.

Unknown said...

No one better than Betty White!!!

Love Nick's uniform colors ... great race & good time. YAY! Nick.

Yes, memories being made & shared are wonderful moments/times of togetherness.

Maxine nailed it on the head ... even when they are 'adults'?!

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Denise said...

You always make me smile.

EG CameraGirl said...

Your post made me smile, smile, smile. :))

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

LOL! I loved the Maxine cartoon, and Betty White quote, Ann!

Congrats to Nick on his upcoming graduation --wishing him luck in his upcoming track meet!

Full-On-Forward said...

TOO HOT to RUN!! Great post!

J

Heather said...

I love that picture of the love is. It must be hard to realize your baby is grown up and ready for college! I have to go through this every year with at least one of my students. This year it is Charlie! He is such a great young man, but I will miss him terribly!!! I hope Nick does wonderful in college and congratulations on the scholarship Nick!!!

heather

Splendid Little Stars said...

a fun potpourri post!
Doing your best and working hard is what is most important and Nick has certainly been doing that! I hope he has a wonderful track meet tomorrow. (My son ran track, too.) He does have an exciting new life ahead.
I totally agree about the shared memories! Isn't it great that we have cameras with which to capture these times?!

My name is Riet said...

What a fun post. I love Maxine and Betty Whites qupte. So funny

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Oh I remember those days when our 2 daughters graduated high school and were getting ready to leave home and attend college. It's a bittersweet time for you. congratulations to your son on getting a scholarship to college. How wonderful.

♥Lee Ann

Angela said...

I've never been much of a runner so that is something that your son can run 2 miles in 10 minutes!

Love the Maxine and the Love Is and who doesn't love Betty White!

My daughter likes to keep her fingers painted. Not sure if she has the royal blue but she does have some of the crackle.

Hugs,
Angela

moonstar said...

that's really nice, and the nails, oh so cute, thanks for the visit :)

Unknown said...

i have to laugh at your comics in this post :) so true, teenagers feel shy to hear their Moms that they still love them even they're grown ups. a late visit from blue monday. http://www.heartscontentofamama.com/2012/05/blue-pansy-some-blue-wild-flowers.html