Pages

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

WEDNESDAY WONDERS

I love looking at old photos, and I love researching my phamily history but as far I go, personally, I do not like living in the past. I worked with many lonely hearts that could not get past their past! You have to let it go! I think you will become too bitter and miserable if you don't.
I like storing memories in my heart. I would never wish my folks or other loved ones back to this world filled with the unknown and hopelessness sometimes for many, but I treasure all the beautiful memories I have with them. I just hope I am doing them all justice being who I am.
I am going to sort through a box filled with black and white photos of those I love the best. I am researching my phamily at ancestry, a gift the kids gave me for my birthday. When I came across the maiden name of my paternal grandfathers mother, I sat down and cried many happy tears. There is not too much known about his parents but I do have their names and it fills me with hope.
Only our youngest daughter Hannah would buy me this card. When I opened it up, I knew, she was her father's daughter!
I am sorry I am so technically clueless! I am lucky I am able to save and share my photos.
While I hear others say they are downsizing because their kids don't want to deal with it, I am doing whatever I please.  I say tough luck when I am gone. I love what I love and at my age I enjoy loving and liking all the things that make me happy. That old saying here:
is so stinking true! It has been my phamily rule since we started having a phamily. Ha ha ha Ha ha ha! Which reminds me, hello William Sonoma, where in the heck is my new rolling pin?! Did you know you have choices when buying a rolling pin? Wow! My mom used the same old one and she was a fantastic woman of the kitchen! I saw a handmade in Germany rolling pin that sells for something like $150! I have too many LuLaRoe pieces to add to my bulging closet. I do not need a handmade rolling pin! I don'tcook as much as my sweet husband does!
Oh how we love Bruce Lee. One of the most fantastic people to ever walk this earth. I love this. It is quite true. You have to accept failure to believe you are one. I prefer this instead:
I hope you all have a terrific Wednesday and in the words of a Crazy Camel:
Same people prefer this message instead:

6 comments:

Sandee said...

Love this post but love the birthday card even more.

♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Anne,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

Ann said...

Anne that is a great card!!Sometimes I look for a long time to find just the right wording. Don't know if they keep the card but it fit. We had a great Christmas-our Colorado kids are home (sad face). Loving my teas you sent. Hope you are enjoying the quiet from the holiday.
Ann

Edna B said...

Happy birthday. I love that card with the little critters. I'm agreeing with you. I'll keep whatever I want to keep. After I'm gone, let the kids worry about what to do with all of it.

By the way, I like the latin version of Wednesday better. It made me smile. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

Sue McPeak said...

Thanks Anne for stopping by. It's always fun to catch up with you. I've missed so many of our blogging friends over the last few years. I've gone to a couple LuLaRoe parties and have some of the leggings. Very nice people in that business. Glad you are still blogging. 2017 was a slow year for me in blogland, but hope to do more in 2018. Happy New Year!

Mevely317 said...

Anne, I need to clip your 2nd paragraph and keep it where I can look at it every morning. So many souls I miss desperately ... but oftentimes I've said, "I'm glad they're not alive to witness ___________ (fill in the blank)."

Your birthday gift of ancestry sounds like the perfect gesture!

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday!!!!