Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2018

MONDAY MONDAY

A rousing game of chess for these felines and their canine friend. I wonder who won? Stop by Sandee's and visit all the fun shares.
I hope you will visit Annie and share some kindness today. A true statement here. Faithful furry friends/
Maybe you will enjoy the blues with Blue Monday. I think Spring may truly be in the air. We saw our Colorado Rockies get beat by the Atlanta Braves at home today. we were happy the air was nice, except for some wind. When baseball season is here I hardly think about much else.
Most everyone here knows why I love baseball. Having endured another year withiut my dad, this past week, I feel happy and sad when I visit the ballpark. He would have loved knowing Colorado had a major league team. I love baseball, because everything I know about it, I learned from him. Watching those Brave's hit today, I noticed they have that "old school" approach to hitting. Keeping your eye on the ball is what it is all about. A handful of our Rockie players have that same approach. Often fans see a player having a great season and they automatically assume they will go to bat and hit homer after homer, I think it gets into the head of some of these guys and they lose their real focus. "Keep your eye on the ball". Here is some good advice from an old school classic and first rate gentleman:
Ah....Joltin Joe, the Yankee slugger. Not a lot of classy guys like him in the major league today. It's all about the money. Joe played with heart and grace and dignity. He felt he owed his very best to the fans, everytime he played the game/
Even athletes can be encouraged by the word of God/
Love is...always has the perfect reminder for me. The middle one, sweet, because marriage is all about giving and taking. It's called balance. Three is better than one.
Maxine has an opinion on everything, even ball players and recliners. You were blessed with two for one today with Maxine.
I almost forgot about Grumpy Cat. Aw...c'mon feline in a funk, Monday's aren't always so bad. Enjoy your week everyone and thank you for stopping by.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh yes, Love is and Maxine:) Both are great:) Enjoy your Monday dear Anne, HUGS!

Parsley said...

Love reading your blog, as always. Happy Monday!!

Sandee said...

Awww, what a lovely chess game indeed. I linked you to Awww Mondays already.

Isn't it nice to remember our loved ones when we do certain things. Remembering your father is a good thing. Bittersweet.

Love that Monday face. I'm thinking his Friday face is exactly the same.

Have a purrfect Awww Monday and a wonderful week, Anne. ♥♥♥

Edna B said...

Love that it's baseball season again. I suppose you know that the Atlanta Braves use to be the Boston Braves (when I was very young).

My daughter and her family will be going to the Boston Red Sox/New York Yankees game tomorrow night at Fenway Park. I'd love to be there with them, but it's too cold for me.

Enjoy the games my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Mevely317 said...

Aw, you're so wonderful at putting a smile on my face ... even in the midst of turmoil when I can't find half what I'm looking for! Your sweet e-mail makes me want to run out and buy a box of peppermint tea so we might enjoy a 'time out' together!

I know you mentioned loving Sean of the South's columns before, and I thought of you yesterday when he wrote about that D/S 9 y/o hitting the home run. Now THAT's the sort of ballgame I can get behind!

HUGS!!!
Myra

Intense Guy said...

Nice to see the 'boys of summer' are back!