Pages

Friday, April 5, 2019

Grateful Heart and Pink Saturday

I have a grateful heart. I am never going to stop trusting God, leaning on Jesus and praying hard and than harder. This past month I had a scare. I had my annual mammogram. They needed more info. I started contacting everyone I could think of who had to deal with this dreadful disease. AA few people truly scared me but people like my LuLa friend Cheri Burrell and sweetheart friend Angela Vickers set me on the right path.
I am my father's daughter. Today is the 34th anniversary of his passing. Lots of things weighing heavily on my mind. He was a true believer but he was caution and he was a worrier. He always took such care of our phamily. He loved my mother the way I had hoped I would be loved by a husband one day. God is good, he gave me the very best faithful parents and a hubby to match!
My hubby puts up with me and his teeny tiny closet space. He knows I love clothes and shoes. Handbags too, and uh um jewelry. Hee Hee Hee! I treats me so beautifully and he let's me have my way more than he probably should! But he is kind, like my dad. He is logical, like dad was. He is a faith provider to his phamily, just like my dad. I feel very famous, because God blessed, just like my mother told me he would. As long as I was faithful to God, loved Jesus and remembered to have a grateful heart. She would say, live and let God. But I took the bumpy road, like dad. Always concerned over this or that or the other,
I have learned nothing goes right without God. Absolutely nothing! Believe me, when I was younger, I tried it. I didn't like it!
So here is a toast, whether it is cranberry juice or pink champagne. This for each and every single person who prayed for me during my difficult moments. People like Diana and Myra  Sandee and Brian. Everyone of you, each person that was so thoughtful to stop here and comment and pray. It means so very much to me.
Our grandgirl Addy loves unicorns. She has a birthday coming up shortly. I Love unicorns and sparkle too. So this is also for all of you prayer warriors. Thank you, and Addy too!
Oh Maxine, you are a real character.  But make sure you are doing these yearly exams. every woman needs them and it is so vital to your good health. When the doctor gave me the great news, I wanted to jump for joy! A little hard to do with that snazzy white robe they give you and of course, being topless on that ultrasound table! Grateful to them for allowing my sweet hubby to be there with me. Please stop by Pink Saturday and share some pink goodness.

A favorite photo of my dad from 1983. Missing you today and every day.
Dad from his baseball days. He was such an amazing man.
The wedding day of my folks. Miss them so very much.



3 comments:

Edna B said...

I'm so glad your news is good news. My hubby always gave me anything I wanted too. It's so nice being spoiled. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Mevely317 said...

YIPPPPPEEE! Oh, I'm so happy for your good (med) news!

34 years. I just had to do arithmetic; my own dad's been gone 37 years. Strange to consider he's been gone now longer than I was alive when he passed. I like what the author Sarah Ban Breathnach calls "silent anniversaries of the heart." This may sound really weird. But as we're taught in church (about new life in Heaven), I consider my parents' dates of death as their 'Happy Heavenly Birthdays.' Have a beauty-full day!

Sandee said...

What a heartwarming post, honey. Made me smile. I'm so glad prayers work.

My parents have been gone since the 90s. My mom first and then my father several years later. My mother was such a great mother and friend.

You and I both have great husbands. We are both truly blessed.

Have a fabulous weekend, my friend. Big hugs. ♥