Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

TUESDAY THOUGHTS ON WEDESDAY

 Tuesday4 Ahhh....that blogger is a real bugger! I could not resist stopping by. Thank you for all you do here and I enjoy this tremendously.

welcome back to the "I refuse to auto post" Tuesday4 by Toni Taddeo is enhanced by complications from blogger. 

Yes folks it did it again. But better late than never, as some say, so here we go with this week's questions. I hope you enjoy them. 


1. Do you have a set bedtime that you stick to?

Yes I do! That  sweetheart of mine, Avery had to be up between  5 A.M.  and 5:15 A.M. to get ready and out the door to work. So we ususally hit the sack between 9:00 and 10:00. I have not slept well lately, with all that is going on health with with those I love. But I noticed God waking me at 2:30 for several nights to pray some more, so I obilige Him.

2. What kind of sleep attire do you prefer and why is that?

I was raised to be very modest. I am not an exibitionist but as I grow older I feel like our bedrooms  rules are more relaxed. I have a cute tank pink top I like to wear. It says "Coffee then Conquer" although we will talk about tea versus coffee shortly. I am a "PJ" fanatic so I have it all, short sets in the summer, nightshirts or long legged pj pants in the winter. I have a huge collection of pajamas and nightshirts. I have always loved them, always will. 


Aside from cute tank tops in the warm months I also love Minky blankets. There was a time I participted in their MC Hugs program where I saved $20 each month and then could spend it anyway I want when I want. The Urban Vanz Grande blanket in lavender was what Avery & I wanted for our bed. So with all my hugs I Paid tax in the amount of $15.88 for this soft and "you help us sleep better " cool blanky (as our grandson Blake calls his collection of Minky blankets). He will say don't take my Minky, that's mine! hahaha

3. Do you have a  night time routine before bed? Wash...Brush teeth...Snack?

I never sleep without brushing my teeth before bedtime. I also wash my face. Since I have pink eye since last night, I have a stack of washcloths so I can wash and toss in the laundry. No use trying to spread these cootie germs to my honey! We try to cut out snacks after 8 o'clock although I have been known to not eat a good dinner and have a bowl of cereal (Cheerios, Rice Chex, Rice Krispies) like I did as a child. My mom would buy our milk and other dairy products from  a local dairy, and the milkman always had fresh cream he brought to our house. Mom would splash a bit on my night time cereal. We often talk about our day and wind down. We pray together some nights and other nights we pray as the lights go off. It is a lifelong ritual I had even as a child and my sweetheart too. 

4. Quilts? Coverlets? Fluffy comforters? Woolen blankets? What do you need to sleep comfortably?

I talked about our Minky blankets and we love them the best. In the wintertime we have a heated blanket too. But the top sheet and minky with our soft comfy comforter usually makes us comfortable. I know some folks like the weighted balankets, we never tried them. My husband is my comfort if I am anxious or nervous. He rubs my arms like my grandmother did when I was a kid and my back too. He is my joyful person always. 

I hope you all have restful nights filled with sweet dreams and many good blessings. My sign off always at night is:


 youtube.com If you go here you can watch the sLOVEnian video . There is a song my grandmother sang to me that always calmed me down and made me rest well.  This video made me happy, it is from the heritage I now best. Please visit Happy Tuesday

A note to please pray for Roger, our son-in-law as he fights for his life and is currently in surgery. 

"And my God will meet all of your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

"You must remember to love people and use things,  rather than to love things and use people." Fulton J. Sheen

My Happy Tuesday Thougths were of all of you who continue to support me and my phamily. Thanks for all your beautiful words, prayers and thoughts. The surgery will be four hours long. I am continuing to pray. I also request prayer for my friend Cindy. I wish I could be with her today at the celebration of life for her husband Rick. He was a bowling buddy and he asked me to introduce him to Cindy. That was long ago and they were married over 38 years. Rick was 66 when he passed away June 15 2022 leaving Cindy and their two daughters and their families. Rick was a stand up guy. Good hearted and kind. I have so many wonderful memories they are helping me get through all the sadness  I also ask for prayer for Hannah's dear friend Nicole. in her early thirties, slim and healthy until she was struck with back to back strokes the past two weeks. The doctors have no good answers for her. I hope she seeks another opinion. If you ever have had a doctor say to you, trust me on this one, eat a salad, excercise more, blah blah blah ,,,,you will wonder why a beautiful young woman was struck down like this and the medical profession today has no good answers. Please pray for Nicole and her son. Thank you. 

Wordless Wednesday If I were ever wordless on Wednesday it would be because God set that guard over my mouth that I often pray about.


And for a true Wordless Wednesday share....

dolomites.org

A quote from a favorite person:
\"

True words, it is always better to be kind. I would love to see everyone in the world use this method of spreading more kindness.


Did I mention this was probably me and may still be as I waiy and wait and wait for a call saying my doctor will give ne pink eye oinment or drops?. You know, I have nothing else to do but make up medical maladies  or not for myself! Who tells their doctor, I have pink eye as a joke? Seriously. Please say a prayer for me and my doctor too. 

Continue to pray for Roger as he was in recovery. Pray for Nicole that she will get real truth and answers for her dual strokes in two days in a row. 

Pray for Cindy and her daughters and their children and spouses as they manuveur loss with their husband, dad, grandpa, father-in-law.

Thank you for those that have stuck by me. difficult times produce true friendships and loved ones too.  Love you all so very much. 


9 comments:

Sandee said...

Love the Q&A. We go to bed about 10 each night. I'm up at least an hour or two earlier than hubby. He's a sleeper.

Prayers continue for your son-in-law and all those in need.

Love your beautiful Wordless Wednesday photograph. Wow.

Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

Mevely317 said...

Oh, I could sure go for a big bowl of cereal right now! That's my definition of comfort food!
Still praying for Roger, Cindy and Nicole -- and all those who love them.
Hugs!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so sorry, what an awful time for all of you! I have never heard of a Minky Blanket, and now am curious about what it is.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Prayers to Roger from all of us and I'm sure sorry to hear about Rick, very sad. You did a good job answering those questions.

Kathe W. said...

Wishing everone in your family good health and happiness.

pilch92 said...

Always nice to learn more about you. That is a sweet cereal ritual you had with your mom and still have now. We should go to bed earlier, we ever do before 11 and usually later. XO

messymimi said...

Lots of prayers for all.

Your post is funny and serious and everything, i am so glad you post what is really going on.

If your doctor won't treat the pinkeye, go get colloidal silver and put it in your eyes, it cannot hurt or interfere with any other medicine and when used as a few drops in the eye 3-4 times a day has no side effects, but it gets rid of pinkeye every time. That's what we use on our cat that gets pinkeye a few times a year.

Buttercup said...

Lots of prayers, my friend! Despite many good times with my reunions there was sad news of college friends and so many health issues. All I can think of is the Book of Job, "It rains on the just and the unjust."

My GBGV Life said...

We sure hope your son in law can win his battle. It will not be easy. That is a lot with so many health concerns for you to deal with.