Pages

Saturday, September 9, 2023

SATURDAY GRANDPARENTS DAY

 The boys came over tonight with their dad to give us a Grandparents Day present:



We are going to add some wire to the back of the frame so we can hang this. It is such a sweet gift.


I love this so much!  I mentioned this before but if you ever have to explain death to a child get the book The Fall of Freddy the Leaf by Leo Buscaglia. It is so precious. My cousin Juliane told me her late father-in-law taught Sunday school class to little ones and if the topic of death came up he read this book to them.

I love the Fall and I love crunching the leaves underneath my feet. It is a perfect time of year. I am hopeful we will get more than a few weeks of this glorious time of year. this year.


Another share that I love. There is nothing like a cozy pair of sweatpants when the weather cools off.  But I usually just enjoy the comfort of them. 

 Sweet memories from a childhood long ago that was the best kind a kid could have.


I once worked in an office that had a huge tree out front where there were five patient parking places. One weekend we had to work purging old files and we stopped for lunch. One of the gals drove and when we came back the maintenance guy was out front. This huge tree fell while we were at lunch. It would have crushed Theresa's car! We found out that it was planted about 20 years earlier and whoever the genius was that planted it never cut the roots loose to grow into the ground and help the tree to have great strength.  Those roots were still tightly wrapped in burlap and after a hard wind and rain it just toppled over. 



Goodnight and sweet dreams. 


4 comments:

Linda said...

Nice frame and wow on the bees, I never knew. smiles

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my gosh, what great things I have learned here! The bees, they must have thought the eclipse meant it was night. The tree stories are amazing. Your grandparents day present is awesome, I do hope you hang it somewhere. They would be thrilled to see that. I never put on sweatpants because I will be sweating!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Such a fun post! Happy Grandparents Day from all of us!

messymimi said...

I'm glad you got your Grandparents' Day visit and gift.

Someone didn't take the sack off the root ball? I'm surprised the rootlets didn't creep through and eventually dissolve the sack.

Now I'm going to wonder why bees quit buzzing during an eclipse.