ISAIAH 40: 22-23
It is HE who sits above the circle of the earth,
And it's inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain.
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.
He brings the princes to nothing.
HE makes the judges of the earth useless.
This is a favorite verse I found in the Old Testament. I love it for so many reasons. But watching the John Denver memorial service in 1997, at a Christian church in Aurora, Colorado, the home church of John Denver's mom. Many of his friends got up being very spiritual saying they felt John's presence. The senior pastor spoke after all the dancing around and he spoke this verse out loud. It has stayed in my heart for all these many years later. I particularly love the last verse. Only GOD HIMSELF has full authority.
One day we will see JESUS return and we will all bow down to HIM. What a glorious day that will be.
I am missing in action so many times and miss this blog place. But life gets in the way and turns us upside down. Today I thought I would post something simple. Missing all of the wonderful blog friends. Thank you to anyone who stopped by here.
Prayer Request
Always requesting prayer for sweet MaryDon. She was one of the first people to welcome me here and I miss her precious love is.... postings. We recently heard from another dear friend Tanza who let us know MD has been sent to a care facility. It is hard for me to fathom all her strong-willed ways were taken away in a flash. Mother's never tire of loving their children. It is all I will say.
My dear friend Bea had turned 96 in May 2025. She was sent to live in a care facility in another state. I heard from her at CHRISTmas 2025 and than nothing. It hurts my heart that no one could pick up a phone, write a note or simply state what happened to her. Her phone was never disconnected but when I called repeatedly, no one answered. I don't think these facilities are always the right answer to an elderly person's well being. Sad how so many can simply let go and go forward.
My best pal Karen from our infancy has been a dear friend since those days in the playpen together. We still keep in touch. She told me how her eldest sister, who had been an RN and widowed for many years being a recluse. Stuck to a certain TV news channel and spewing hatred to any and all who tried to speak to her. She had two sons, both single in their 50 plus years. They put her in a facility. Not even two days later she fell, always a convenient end to one's life. No more information was given about her or what happened. Such a sad world we live in.
Avery has had some rough weeks and months with his asthma. The pulmonologist gave him a new medication. But he did not research it very well. If he simply looked over the Cardiologists notes he would have seen that this medication would have made his symptoms worse and not better! If you can not advocate for yourself as you age, you are tossed into a world-wind of helplessness. I worked for over 35 years in the medical field from insurance companies and private practice administrative support in a surgeons office. Many years at the UCHSC with Microbiology/Immunology and those research docs were truly, sincerely interested in helping you stay healthy. Today everything seems out of order. I worked in the JFK Child Development center, the emergency room at the hospital as a secretary support staff and I can tell you, I saw, I learned and I pay attention to each and every detail I need to. I ask for prayer for myself and Avery as we continue our own journeys down many unknown roads.
Weekends for us are busy. Saturday church although with Avery's cough he does not like to sit in church and have these awful coughing spells. So we watch Hannah and Jake's pastor from Western NY on their live services. Pastor Bill is in a series right now about the end times. It is sad how many who attend church do not believe it will happen. Avery studied two years of New Testament Greek so he has studied this for several years and we study together today as well. Keep looking up, Jesus is going to return when anyone least expects Him to.
The B&B brothers play soccer ( Lil B) and flag footballs (Big Bro B). Their games are roughly an hour apart. So we try to attend most of the games.
Zach, our son-in-law had his shoulder surgery August 20 (Nick's birthday) and he seems to be recovering well. Still being a one armed man for the time, he does as much as he can with his non dominant arm. We go to Sushi with them and he currently can not use the chop sticks! It's ok, we like the old fashioned fork! Laughing out loud! He and Rebekah both go to P.T.
Rebekah had hit from behind coming home one evening from her office. The guy had an ID but no valid drivers license. He basically demolitions their car. She has been saving for years and they went out and purchased a brand new little car. It is a beautiful bright shade of blue, which they love and seems to be a great little car. She sought the advice of an attorney, is receiving PT and trying to stay healthy. She appreciates prayers too.
Noelle has a badly sprained knee so she needs prayer too. Her job is standing and moving all day long so it has taken a toll on her poor knee!
We've been watching football on and off today and we cleaned our house and did several loads of laundry which is standard on SONday.
Jeremy and Brittany are at the Bronco game with Addy and Big Bro B! Lil B is interested in higher education and he loves learning. He plays soccer to run off some energy although he learns quick fast and always has an encouraging word for us.
I may have told everyone this already but one day he was having a serious conversation Auntie Noelle. He said, Auntie, money can buy you anything in the world, anything but LOVE, and LOVE is the greatest gift.
If you read 1 Corinthians 13 you will notice that in verse 13 "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of theses is love."
LOVE & HUGS to everyone who stops by. May your week be filled with good things and beautiful blessings.




No comments:
Post a Comment