Pages

Monday, May 30, 2016

"H" is for Happy and Handsome Harrison


Happy is a terrific word! It just sounds h a p p y! Since I am trying to do my Alphabe post let's say H is for Happy. It is also great for Harrison and since he is a handsome boy the letter H is almost complete for today. Harrison was enjoying the Memorial Day weekend with his cousin Jaslin. I love these kiddos! My house became a home when we moved our phamily into it!
How did a girl like me get so darn blessed to be related to these handsome fella's? Jayden and cousin Devin. They are so special to me.

A house is nothing more than a place to live unless you have an awesome phamily, then it becomes a home you can you share  with them and be blessed! My hubby re-stained our old front porch deck and did a really great job! We planted some new flowers and plants at long last. What a perfect day and we spent it knowing how blessed we are because of the sacrifices of our military around the world. Memorial Day weekend is often very sad when I think how same gave their lives so you and I could enjoy a freedom in so many things. Never forget these folks who give so you can have a better life. Our oldest son's friend lives in Alaska currently with his phamily as he serves in the USAF. My late brother-in-law Gary served in the US Army. My Tata Rose's  husband John served in World War I. My father-in-law  Carl (USN) was at Pearl Harbor when the bombing occurred. My Uncle's Edward "Munson" Trontel and Tom Binder were in the USArmy and USArmy Air Corp. My hubby's uncle Virgil served in as well as his brothers Bud and Duane. My mother's cousin lost her only son, James (USMC) in Vietnam. My sister lost half the boys in her graduating class there too. My late former brother-in-law Bob served there as well as my cousin Jess who contracted and passed away from complications of Agent Orange. It was very ironic Admiral Zumwalt ordered the spraying of Agent Orange and his son passed away from it as well. Please remember all the fine people who serve our country so well. Please pray for them and know how blessed you are.
Aw...Monday is a fun Monday meme. I love Sandee sharing her smiles with us and everyone else too.
A tiny Patriot to remind you of all the blessings you have because you have one thing that is vital to being a free nation: F R E E D O M.
A part of my big phamily minus tiny Harrison at Jeremy and Brittany's wedding April 30, 2016.
The New Testament talks about Faith, Hope and Love and says the greatest of these is L O V E. My Love is... made me smile thinking of all the blessings I have because someone has sacrificed their time and often their life so I am may live free.
Ah...Maxine, you gotta love her! I know how she feels about that a/c and the cost to run it. But with warmer weather finally here, I try not to complain too much.
Some of the phamily here too.
A patriotic cake to enjoy and finally please pray. My friend Bonnie was hospitalized and I am asking for prayer. You can never take those who love you the best for granted. Her oldest son Moses posted a picture of himself with his mom today Please pray she is well soon. Bonnie was widowed a few years ago. She lost her husband Moses at a young age. He was 57. She is a good friend, a former neighbor  and her daughter Gabrielle and my Hannah are born three days apart.  If you visit Jeanne tell her you saw some blue here and go visit a few of the Blue Crew. My week was blue because our former Blue Monday Sally celebrated her birthday for 2016 in heaven. I am happy Jeanne is continuing in Sally's role.

8 comments:

Maria's Space said...

Such great photos. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that photo of the man and little girl dancing. Prayers to your friend Bonnie!

Sandee said...

Awww on Harrison and that patriotic puppy.

We too live in a home. Many people don't know the difference.

Bonnie is on my prayer list honey.

Have a fabulous day Anne. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

Dogmom Diva said...

Beautiful post, my friend! Love pictures of your phamily...I need to post some current pictures of my gang...we don't all get together that often due to distance for pictures, might be time this fall for updated family pictures. We had them done in fall, 2013, when the grands were so little..time to update soon.

Praying for your friend Bonnie..seems like so many need prayers these days..including me..I keep praying...what else can we do..can't give up!

hugs and love,
Barb

shortybear said...

very precious

Little Wandering Wren said...

Dearest Anne
Your Phamily photos always shine with love and I love visiting you to see how you all are doing! I hope your friend Bonnie is soon out of the hospital and on the mend. You tell your Hubby that he'd fit in real well for a life Down Under he's passed the 'able to make the deck look good again' test with flying colours, I expect he's good with the BBQ too, which is the other important skill all Aussie men must have?!
Have a lovely week
Wren x

Intense Guy said...

Such a beautiful post - so full of love.

I hope Bonnie is all better soonest.

Edna B said...

Wonderful photos. Your deck looks great! Hopefully, I will have one soon too. Your hubby did a super job staining the deck.

That cake looks so delicious! How very creative. Hope your weekend was super. Pogo and I had a quiet, but comfy, weekend. It's weekend time again, and I hope your's is wonderful. Hugs, Edna B.

Jeanne said...

Hello Anne, sorry this comment is late. We have been traveling so much and today we are finally in Houston where our great granddaughter Lily Mae lives. She is four months old and so adorable. She smiles and is not a bit shy. We are so Blessed.

Your always newsy post is delightful and seeing photos of your loving family is so sweet. Harrison is adorable. Your deck looks great. We are overdue to do ours. Sigh! I will pray for Bonnie for sure.

We too lost friends but no family in Vietnam and we had uncles and family who fought in World War II. Honoring our service men and women past and present is so important.

Hugs,
Jeanne