Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

A PERFECTLY PINK DAY!

Welcome to Pink Saturday! You should click over to Beverly's place and thank her for her never ending efforts  to keep all of us on track for hosting this Pink paradise!
I celebrated a birthday today! Grateful to have my phamily here with me and be able to rise each day and get to work! This has been a pink day for me.
Started out at work with the girls. Monica giving me a beautiful bottle of her favorite wine. She cooked vermicelli for us and Theresa and Koko delighting me with my favorite "Club" sandwich at lunch from Jimmy John's. They gave me a gift bag of goodies including Christmas peeps, an angel ornament hanging on a bell and a cinnamon scented candle. Christmas socks with a pink sparkle and a spun glass cross. Koko surprised me with a "pink" carnation cupcake bouquet. I am hopeful my new camera will be here soon so I may shoot a few photos. I wore my new pink shirt, my Sweets chose for me and shopped at the A.R.C. and found three of my favorite brands on some sweet deal shirts, an L.L. Bean plaid shirt in soft pastel colors. A Christopher Banks burgundy shirt and a pink and brown Talbot's tailored shirt. Running office errands, ran into voices calling out to me at the dollar store, "Mom", "Grandmother". It was my daughter Noelle and my grandson Colton. They drove one hour to get my birthday gift to me. A beautiful Holiday 2010 Barbie in all her red and white high fashion! My son-in-law Roger was sad that the surprise didn't go quite according to plan. It was  fun to visit with them and get birthday wishes galore! Later the girls served me cheesecake and I had to celebrate dinner with my "Sweets" at the Red Lobster. Stuffed with crab legs and grilled garlic shrimp it was a terrific birthday. I came home to find a Red Lobster gift, a box of Russell Stover truffles and a beautiful greeting from my brother-in-law who is housed here temporarily while he waits to travel to Alaska to work as a nurse. Tomorrow I will visit with girlfriends at leisure with breakfast at Mimi's Cafe then come home to hopefully find my new washer in place!
My favorite recipe is this easy vermicelli that Monica shared with me.
1 package vermiceli, broken in small pieces
butter for melting
garlic chopped finely
1 large can of whole tomatoes, crushed by hand (or fresh)
Dash of cumin for added flavor
Melt the butter in a large skillet and add garlic. Cook until soft. Add vermicelli with tomatoes and seasoning adding salt and pepper if needed. Simmer until tender and enjoy.
Aside from all the boxes yet to unpack my life today was perfectly pink. Please enjoy some internet images until I can shoot my own shots.
Go visit some pinkies and spread some pink cheer today and always!

10 comments:

LV said...

Best wishes on a belated birthday. Sounds like you had a good day. Since I do not cook much anymore, I would sure like a serving of this dish.

Marina Capano said...

fantastic recipe!

Happy PS!

XOXO

From so far away

Dogmom Diva said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Pink Saturday, wow you had a great birthday girl..hope your washer arrives and your camera also..

hugs
me

nancy said...

You and I are a couple of snowbabies that born in Dec. My B-day is the14th.
Hps to you.
Stay warn!
Nancy

nancy said...

OOP! Happy BIrthday!

Donnie said...

That recipe sounds so good and I love your photos. Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Birthday. It sounds like you had a great one.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday sweetie ... I know it had to be a 'beauty' for you.

Love ya!

Nancy said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you were surrounded with love. I'm still visiting around for Pink Saturday. Have a wonderful week.

Tiffanee said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like it was a great day!! I was so excited to find you again. Happy Belated Pink Saturday!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Happy Birthday!!

A Debbie-Dabble Christmas