Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Blue Monday/Love is..../Alphabe Thursday: Good Health/ Pink Saturday

Win or lose, God always provides the perfect sunset for a Denver Bronco game! Don't you love the orange and blue sky. This was the preview last night as the sun set. Please visit Sally and the Blues and share some blue. I have missed two weeks because of this horrible flu virus.
 Say hi to Marydon and share a favorite Love is...The hubby and I have been doing a lot of this lately. He is recuperating from the effects of Tamiflu and the flu shot and bronchitis. He had a breathing treatment and steroids plus an antibiotic. I saw the doctor I work for, he gave me an antibiotic for my sinus issues. I was feeling better yesterday and today I feel blah again!
Welcome to my Alphabe Thursday post. It is also two weeks late. Visit Ms. Jenny and share your "H" post. I added my "G" post from last week here. I eat really healthy so it is hard to point the finger at this flu bug! I always get my flu shot and this year for some reason I never got it done. I have never had any adverse effects from the flu shot and have not had the flu in several years. I can not imagine it is any worse than taking these despicable drugs with multiply side effects!
I miss this! It has been so bitter cold and snowy and than the flu bug! Arghhh......I am waiting for some sunshine and bright blue skies so I can start out slowly with a nice brisk walk and lead back into running. I have not been sick like this in so long it is hard to take!
We eat lots of fruits and veggies. I need to get my strength back. It is hard having to go to work and it is always hard working with difficult people. I heard one younger woman I work with talking about her sister being bullied at school. Yet they act like bullies at work so please! Practice what you preach! It is hard to do a great job with mean people around. But I was rasied with honesty and integrity so do the very best that I can with what I have to work with!
I am blessed with a beautiful phamily and wonderful friends! I like all the blue in this pretty quote!
I think these pink hydrageas remind me of Spring! I heard there are 69 days til Spring!
I would like to sit here and daydream about Springtime and smell those pink roses and type a letter or a write a poem on that pretty pink typewriter! Ah.... I hope you visit Beverly and some Pinkies too!
Lots of prayer requests needed. Heather in Michigan, her dad is very ill. Jean a Face Book friend struggling with the effects of illness. Marietta, more chemo, more cancer. The state of west Virginia and all the polluted water they can not use. Angela, always optimistic although caught in the flooding and polluted WV water system. Pray for Kennadee who will have surgery on Friday. Continue to pray for Shannon, Linda's sister (Prairie Flower Farm). Prayers for Nick. Always good to pray for our young people. I always pray for his high school when I drive by it on my way to work each day. I pray for Nick and his track team mates and all the students who attend Cowley. College. Nick had a good run this weekend. He ran in the distance medley Friday with his team mates. They took second overall. He was the anchor and ran the mile in 4.38! On Saturday he ran 3k in 9.21. Pray about his knee. He had some therapy before he left for school last week. Pray the coaches remember these are kids not robots that run!


Have a wonderful week and I hope to visit you all soon. Thank you all those faithful folks who still visit me and a big shout out to Laura at Face Book, who gave me her homemade chicken soup recipe while I was struggling with this flu. My hubby made it and it really did help me feel better!







12 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Yea!!!
... I'm so glad you and hubby are feeling better, Anne. You're always so thoughtful to request prayers on behalf of others' ... just know, lots of prayers were going up on behalf of you, m'dear!

Cindy's Stitching said...

beautiful pictures. I hope you and hubby feel better.

SmilingSally said...

Morning Anne,

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better, and I hope you stay fit.

That sky is just blue-tiful!


Happy Blue Monday!

Little Wandering Wren said...

Hi Anne
Poor you, horrible to be ill at any time of year but even worse over Christmas! So much in your blog today, looks like you were keen to return!
We've missed you. Hope you continue on the mend.
Wren x

bj said...

Hoping everyone feels better around your house soon.
Happy Blue Monday.

bj said...

Hoping everyone feels better around your house soon.
Happy Blue Monday.

LV said...

Anne, hard to understand why so much happens at one time. Regret you and family are going through such a sick spell. Trust you will all be well and stronger soon. There is so much sickness everywhere now.

Ann said...

Anne, you must be very happy about the Denver/San Diego yesterday--that Manning is a surgeon with the football. The sky is luminous for sure. You are such a prayer warrior, I know who I will call when I have a need.
Ann

Edna B said...

I'm sorry to hear that you've been quite sick with colds and flue. I've been down sick with one nasty cold after another. Mine turn to infections that make it difficult for me to breathe. The chicken soup is very good for you. Like you, I love the Spring and can't wait for it to get here. I surely hope that you are feeling better real soon. Hugs, Edna B.

Jim said...

Great shots

Neesie said...

I've scrolled back to see your other BM entries as I've missed so many weeks and wow that sky stopped me in my tracks...it's spectacular!
I hope you're well over your virus now and I have to say I always love to see your 'love is' captions. I think I mentioned them once before that I used to collect them when I was younger. It's been years since I've seen them but they still make me smile ;D
Happy Blue Monday to you!

Jenny said...

You always have such a good attitude about life..

Even when dealing with something as horrible as the flu!

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone, wishing them health and happiness.

Thanks for linking to the letter "H"!

A+