Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2020

THANKFUL THURSDAY

SHARON'S STRAWBERRY POUND CAKE TRIFLE
3 oz. vanilla instant pudding
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup water

Mix these three ingredients together until thick

Cut up one large pound cake loaf into cubes.

I use Sara Lee  from the freezer section but you can bake your own from scratch or use whatever you prefer. Pound Cake is  heavier then angel food cake and absorbs the mixture better.

2 cups heavy cream, whipped firm. Fold into pudding mixture.

This dessert is beautiful in a trifle bowl as you can layer it. You can increase the pudding to 2 packages and add the condensed milk and water as listed.

Half 2 quarts of washed and stemmed strawberries.

Layer pound cake cubes with some of the pudding mixture. Add a layer of strawberries and continue this until you use all the layers. 

In the words of the late great chef Julia Child, please never use Cool Whip (petroleum based product) or any low fat items when preparing this delectable dessert trifle.

I am thankful for friends like my friend Sharon Hayes who shared this delectable dessert many, many years ago. It is still a favorite especially in the Spring and Summer . The beauty of this dessert is you use fresh berries or even peaches. Here is Colorado we can get some excellent sweet peaches in the late Summer months.

This is beautiful dessert to double for a crowd.

Years ago when I did Princess House, Jonel White (RIP) was our team leader. She loved when I shared this dessert for our Monday night meetings. I fondly remember Jonel as she passed away in 2010. She once said give me a straw and I will drink the remains of this delicious dessert! HaHaHa!

Visit Thankful Thursday and tell us what you are thankful for. We have a huge snowstorm on the first day of Spring. I am thankful perhaps it will wash away the nasty virus causing all the sadness and despair in our country and around the world.
Some phamily friends lost their dad this week. They can not hold a memorial until all this virus commotion dies down. Very sad for them. Grateful for prayers for the Whitten Phamily.

5 comments:

Sandee said...

A summer treat. Yummy.

Such a difficult time for many. Prayers for all those affected.

I'm thankful for you, honey.

Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Big hug honey. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

That cake looks incredible! Snow? Yikes, go away Old Man Winter, enough already. Hey, it's gonna be 80 degrees here tomorrow. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Theresa said...

That dessert looks SO delicious! I have a similar recipe! SNOW? WHAT? No snow here in the South, I think it is gonna be in the 70s today. I have heard of others who have lost family and have to delay services:( SO SAD! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Edna B said...

I agree, the cake looks delicious. I hope you're being safe. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

pilch92 said...

That looks so good.