Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Happy Tuesday and More

Happy Tuesday I thought Maxine would fit the bill today for happiness or maybe not!
She is a grumpier one today!
HaHaHa! Health insurance hardly covers medical expenses so I guess this one isn't going to be covered either!
I can't stop my Tuesday show and tails. This tiger is so beautiful. I have seen them when we visited the zoos. Last December for the memorial anniversary of Alastor Avery's first birthday we saw so many of animals. One of the female mountain lions we saw, Sequoia passed away in January. She suffered complications from being spayed. Her sister Adira had surgery at the same time and she remains healthy. They have another sister Sitka. They were orphaned in the state of Washington and came to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs. Fortunately Kaya a 13 year old female took to them and cared for them.
This is Adira.
This is Adira and Sequoia, two of the sisters.  When we saw them they were so playful.  We had gone to the zoo to feed Alastor Avery'a favorite animals, the giraffe's.
These majestic creatures reside at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and back in December and since I was a kid, you could fed them. I am not sure if they are allowing it anymore but it was fun. Their tongue is about 19 inches long and I read once that it can weigh about 25 lbs.  I am hopeful, by the grace of God, we can return for Alastor Avery's second birthday to visit the zoo again.
Our little  Ambassador from Heaven with Great Grandfather. What a beautiful gift he was. Why he left so soon only God knows but God also knows how much we learned from him. At least the  Great Grandfather and I did learned so much from him.
Lucy loves windmills too. Here is one of the gifts we gave her. The letter O in home is a windmill . She loved it. She has a nice collection of windmills. My hubby has the rest of our photos from the Brunch in his phone so tonight I will transfer them to my computer.
I prefer the New American Standard Bible. Today newer versions of the Word are removed to satisfy people's own desires.  This verse is very similar, convening the message it is meant to convey.
"Therefore you too have grief now; but I will see you again, and your heart will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you.  Alastor Avery not only will we see you again, we will see Jesus and you can tell us all you know about him.
Loretta can make anyone smile . She finds the best things.




10 comments:

Kathe W. said...

you are blessed with so many thankfuls! Have a lovely day! Your blog is so enjoyable!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Love the Maxine funnies! Those zoo critters are all so gorgeous!

Mevely317 said...

I love the idea of commemorating Alastor Avery's birthday with memorial trips to your zoos. Gosh, I can't recall having been to one since the mid-70's. I was touched when this whole MESS started, the zoo went to the media to plea for food donations for their animals -- and the grocery stores stepped up in a BIG way, donating cases and cases of produce that would otherwise be thrown away. After this is all over, I pray they continue doing so

Sandee said...

How fun. You know now much I love Maxine. I love her attitude a lot.

Oh the angel. I don't know why some are only here for bit of time.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Big hugs, Ann. ♥

pilch92 said...

Your little angel was beautiful. I know you will see him in Heaven.
That windmill gift is nice. XO

messymimi said...

A post full of joy, bittersweetness, and sass, thank you!

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
Thank you for your post. A very special post indeed.
Sending hugs to you,
Carla

P.S. I enjoyed Wilson. ;-)

Nancy Chan said...

I have been visiting the other blog to find no new posting. Thank you for informing me of this blog. Tigers are beautiful animals. Have a beautiful day and stay safe.

Edna B said...

I love seeing the animals at the zoo. As long as they are taken care of the way they need to be then I'm happy for them. You would probably love the Safari ride at Disney World. It's awesome. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

JanCT said...

The New American Standard Bible is the version I prefer too. I love that you celebrate Alastor Avery's life. Glad I found your blog.
Jan
Laughter and Consistency