Pages

Monday, February 20, 2023

Happy Presidents Day and Aw....Mondays

 

Happy Presidents Day for Aw...Mondays. I had to move our remaining flag to the backyard. The wind is so wild I do not want to risk losing it in these windstorms.  I need a new one for the backyard. When Hannah and Jake were here a few years ago he put up a new flag holder on the garage. I took our  tattered ole flag to Margaret Carpenter at the rec center where they have a special drop box for worn out flags.  The gentle souls at the VFW dispose of them properly and I am forever grateful for them all


Love is...has always told our story. I will always love this little comic meme. 

I do not have a musical bone in my body but I love music and I love dancing. Friday I had lunch with Colton and Jacey and the kids. They had to stop by their credit union to pick up some new ATM cards. Shea had fallen asleep so Harrison and I stayed in the car with her. He shared some of his favorite music with me. I made a playlist just for the two of us years ago when he was so very small.  I added his new music to that list. He always fell asleep to the song "Me and Magdalena" sang by the Monkees and written by Ben Gibbard of Death Cab For Cutie. We would be quite rebellious if a phone call came in from a spammer/hacker. I taught him the words to "We're Not Going to Take it Anymore" by Twisted Sister and would sing it loud and proud into the phone. Those spam callers eventually stopped. I guess they did not like our taste in music.  A few years ago, Jayden, another great grandson shared his music with me and I made a playlist for us. You can learn so much from the younger generation if you  are patient and listen to them. I treasure my loved ones. I love to be with them and I am so grateful both Avery and I were raised to around our loved ones. I know so many people who do not have close ties with loved ones. I have done this music share before but it came to me today so here we go again. Please join in if you would like.:

No cheating.....name a song that matches the  each phrase here.

1. A song with a color title in it: (an oldie) A White Sport Coat and a Pink Carnation (Marty Robbins)

2. A song you like with a number in the title: Love Potion Number 9 (The Searchers)

3. A song that reminds you of summertime: Summer Song (Chad and Jeremy)

4. A song that reminds you of someone you would rather forget: Red (Taylor Swift)

5. A song that needs to be played loud: R E S P E C T (Aretha Franklin)

6. A Song That Makes You Wanna Dance: Save the Last Dance for Me (Michael Buble)

7. A Song to Drive To: Little Deuce Coup (the Beach Boys)

8. A Song About drugs or Alcohol: Whiskey Lullabye (Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss)

9. A song that makes you happy: Happy (Pharrell Williams)

10. A Song That Makes You Sad  Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)

11. A song that you never tire of  Ripplin Waters (the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band)

12. A song from your preteen years You Can't Hurry Love (The Supremes)

13. One of your favorite 80's songs Livin on a Prayer (Bon Jovi)

14. A Song That You Would Love played at your wedding  Wedding Song (There is Love) Paul Stookey

15. A song that is a cover by another band  The Sounds of Silence  (Disturbed)

16. One of your favorite classical songs  The Four Seasons (Vivaldi)

17. A song that would sing  a duet  with on  karaoke I Got You Babe (Sonny and Cher)

18. A song from the year you were born How Much is that Doggie in the Window  (Pattie Page)

19. A song that makes you think about life :There's A Last Time for Everything (Brad Paisley)

20. A song that has many meanings to you  Wildfire (John Mayer)

21. A favorite song with a person's name in the title Annie's Song (John Denver)

22. A song that makes you move forward I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)

23. A song that you think everybody should listen to  : I Walk the Line (Johnny Cash)

24. A song by a band you wish were still together : Run to Me (BeeGees)

25. A song by an artist no longer living  Keep Me In Your Heart (Warren Zevron)

26. A song that makes you want to fall in love: Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Frankie Valli)  

27. A song that breaks your heart: The Tracks of My Tears (Smokey Robinson) 

28. A song by an artist with a voice you love Suspicious Minds (Elvis Presley)

29. A song that you remember from your childhood : Anna Marie (Jim Reeves)

30. A song that reminds you of yourself: The House That Built Me (Miranda Lambert)

Tell me your favorites too.



5 comments:

Sandee said...

Awww, you're both so precious and I love...Love Is. So true.

I would play the meme, but I'm to tired this afternoon and thinking isn't something I can do right now.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Love and hugs, my friend. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those were all very good answers to the musical meme. Hey, I like that one by Twisted Sister too.

messymimi said...

There are so many kinds of music to love. I do agree with you about Vivaldi.

Theresa said...

Happy President's day to you! I always enjoy your LOVE IS! So many are true for us too. Enjoy your day dear friend! HUGS!

Mevely317 said...

Oops! If I'd have just stayed awake long enough to read this last night I wouldn't have bugged you this morning. Right in front of my nose, duh!
I'm going to come back later and tell you mine, okay? Okay!