Pages

Friday, August 25, 2023

A Short and Sweet Vacation Trip

 


We stopped by for dinner with Guy Fiery at one of his restaurants.  Always good food, great service and music too. 


Oh Maxine, stop reading my mind! Missed our adjustable bed because hotel beds are just not like home!


Aw...love is.... makes my day everyday!

In Las Vegas we were seeing Terry Fator's show. He is quite talented, hilarious and has some naughty and very funny puppets. We were at the New York New York hotel. When we stepped outside to catch a ride with an uber driver it was pouring rain! Standing under the covered area you could see rain falling hard and fast in sheets !   Our driver drove a black Tesla with white leather seats.So comfy and so classy. He was originally from Queens , New York, and has lived in Vegas for several years. He knew all the back roads and the best routes. Our hotel's first floor parking was flooded. I am telling you, two feet of water rushing down the street and nowhere to go! No drainage system! D U H ! It was closed so he took us behind Harrah's  and we walked through the hotel, grabbed some slices of pizza at the Cake Boss Buddy's place and watched two blonde ladies called Dueling Twins play their pianos. A young couple had just been married so we had fun singing along to lots of great hits to celebrate them. Then we were able to walk across the street to our hotel and enter in the front door.  When arriving home and you can see the airplane story on my blog My Tata's Cottage, we were greeted by possible flooding! Joy of joys! It arrived today in heavy rains and we enjoyed some cooler weather.

All of this and all of that makes me hold closer to God because we live in some very unpredictable and unsavory times. My faith is my stronghold.   

Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

Life is a gamble, and I am not good at betting but I have given my life into the hands of the One I know will carry me through all trials and tribulation there are in the world today. 

This is short and sweet because we are still catching up on our rest.  Have a blessed night and sweet dreams.



3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Glad to know you still had such fun despite the awful weather!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'd like to go to Guy's restaurant too, sounds fun and yummy!

messymimi said...

You are smart to not let the damp weather dampen your fun.

A former pastor at our church used to say, "I may not know what the future holds, but I know the One who holds the future."