Pages

Friday, August 9, 2024

If This Were An Olympic Sport..... Music Quiz Feline Friday My BoJon Heritage

 So while visiting Chocolate Covered Daydreams , Simone had put up a post about "If This Were An Olympic Sport..." what would be your gold medal?

So here I am thinking hard on this question! Avery would be the gold winner in knowing the bible . When he studied New Testament Greek for two years in college I would say to him, "It is still Greek to me!" He was very good at translating and also he knows the bible well. Nick would have a gold medal in "gaming". He has the newest version of MLB and I am telling you it looks like a real ballpark! My grandsons Brody & Blake would be gold winners here too! Rebekah would be the gold medalist in organizing, planning and cooking for friends going through difficult losses etc. Zach, he is the Creme Brulee and the Cookie gold medalist. I am the best at laundry. It has always been my time with the Lord and I do not mind sorting, washing, drying, hanging up everything and putting it all away. A house filled with gold medal winners! HOORAY!

Respice, Prospice, Myra had a music quiz at social media. I did one there, then posted one at my other blog My Tata's Cottage. So maybe I could get a gold medal for this music quiz, my third one without any duplicate songs here!

Answer each question with a SONG. No duplicates, no copying and no peeking at the internet, although it can be quite tempting. Please join the fun and share your answers for your own gold medal.

1. Place: Take It Easy (Winslow, Arizona)

2. Animal:  Larry the Lobster

3. Number: Mambo No. 5

4. Colour: Yellow Submarine

5. Girl's Name: My Sharona

6. Boy's Name: Tall Paul 

7. Day of the Week: Except For Monday

8. Weather: Singing In The Rain

Please join in the fun.

Three Kittens in A Blanket

I though this Pinterest find was sweet.

Stop by and say hi to Feline Friday and thank Mimi for hosting.


My favorite photo of my son Jeremy and myself at his wedding in 2016. Our girl Noelle captured this photo better then a pro could! Both she and our late son-in-law Roger could capture the best of the best photos. He is the birthday boy today.  He was celebrating with Brittany today. Tomorrow they have plans with a friend Sean and Noelle so we will watch the B&B brothers! They went back to school today. Brody to the first grade and Blake to kindergarten. Time flies away. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SON!


School dayz for these two brothers. My sports informants! You haven't lived til you have to pretend to be Aaron Gordon who is 28 years young and 6'8" tall.  This guy is handsome and talented. All 5'4" of me has to try to block Brody who is Jokic. That's a tough game to play hahaha...

"Your off to great places. Today is your first day! Your mountain is waiting so get on your way! Dr. Seuss


Aw...today since 1944 Smokey has been reminding us to prevent forest fires. We had three burning here. Finally they were contained but the aftermath and rain is no fun at all. A gal I knew in my Princess House days, Denise worked with Smokey at the National Parks in the Denver area. She would bring my kids color books and other Smokey memorabilia. Rebekah bought me a Smokey the Bear reusable bag at Estes Park earlier this year.


Betty Boop has been around since 1930. I have lots of Betty earrings, t shirts, salt and pepper shakers too. She is a cutie.


9 comments:

Sparky said...

Greek would be a handy language to know. I'm terrible with other languages. I've tried Spanish (did 'ok'), French and German. Ugh. I'm a total loss on these things. My husband is good with Latin with is another handy language to know as so many other languages are based on Latin.
Wonderful photos of your family.
Hope your day is great! 💙

Mevely317 said...

You're so good at these song lists!
The only thing I think I might get a medal for are the NYT on-line games: Wordle, Connections, Spelling Bee, Strands.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Latin, I could recite a Catholic Mass to you in Latin since it is what we knew as children. Use to be pharmacists had to know it too . Unsure how that works today. We married savvy guys didn't we? Always fun to see you here. My daughter found a pincher bug on their camping gear. Nick our son was yelling, he is God's creature. Don't kill him, put him outside. I thought of you and your buggy finds. Then we had to take out two new hives of wasps. I am allergic. They are wicked! I hope our neighbor cleans up her yard as they are building their empire on the shared fence. Have a blessed weekend.

Linda said...

Wow, your good at the music thing, smiles. Wishing you a beautiful weekend.

pilch92 said...

Fun music answers. Cute first day photo. Schools around here start 8/29. XO

My Tata's Cottage said...

I LOVE music! But I also have a zillion playlists that drives my kids bonkers! I hope you are having a good week. Take care.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Thanks! I have so many playlists and listen to my music daily. My son-in-law Jake said I can't play rock n roll to the baby! hahaha He already loves John Fogerty from back in the day, Hot Rod Heart and Rock and Roll Girls! Have a wonderful week sweet lady.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Hi Ellen, good to be here with you. I always started school after Labor Day when it seems it was cooler and felt like Fall. Some kids do the year round school and many high schools do the on line learning today. Thank you for being here and have a beautiful week.

Red Rose Alley said...

Wow, didn't realize Betty Boop has been around since the 30's. Love that red rose draping her. I'm sorry to hear about the fires you are having there. We also had a BIG one in California, and it's one of the largest ever. A cute picture of the brothers. Can't believe school is starting for some already. And lastly, LOVE the Dr. Seuss quote, as I live in the mountains. ; )

~Sheri