Pages

Monday, July 19, 2021

HAPPY TUESDAY WITH MAXINE TOO

 Happy Tuesday

Tea is calming. It is simple to prepare and there are hundreds of varieties of it. The cup and saucer or the tea mug brightens the day too Makes a soul happy. When my friend Cindy left her first marriage, a terribly abusive one, she gave me some pieces of her china. I kept them because they were a special gift she gave herself in memory of her grandmother. Cindy and I bowled on a league together where I knew her forever husband Rick. He asked me to introduce him to her and they have been together nearly 40 years. I found this tea cup image at google but it reminded me of Cindy and Rick and I had to share it. 


       I found this google image of this cute tea poem. Tea makes me happy so I had to share it with you here today. Do you like tea? Do you have a favorite? My friend Debbie from the Colorado mountains gave me Blueberry Wild Child tea. It is a favorite. I also love peppermint tea but Tea Drops has a peppermint tea I especially like. I have a tea cup collection as well as many mugs for tea and coffee. It is something I enjoy. They make me smile and I have lots of wonderful memories from various cups and mugs. How about you?

Oh Maxine, you are not being very nice today! I do love tea but keep it hot and inside the cup. 

I woke up with a blasting headache and it did not go away until late in the day. I took my time, resting, and keeping my eyes closed. I am happy to note the headache left but not until my sweet husband came home from work and rubbed my neck. I am hoping I can get back into the swing of things soon. Sweet Dreams!


8 comments:

My GBGV Life said...

Mom doesn't like hot beverages at all and tea is one thing that irritates her. Because she was a waitress in high school and college, tea was that one thing that takes so much time to get ready and serve. She says people always needed it when she was busy, so she dislikes tea. We know it is a silly thing but stuff like that happens when one is young and it sticks with you.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Our Mom and Dad drink tea, they gave up on coffee once they retired. Love Maxine!

Mevely317 said...

Sweet! Coffee actually comes first on my favorites list -- but thanks to you and a couple others I'm learning to like it. Agreed, the vessel (cup) is a big part of the pleasure. I like the backstory of yours!

Sandee said...

I like green tea, but just not a tea fan. I would follow Maxine's plan for that cup of tea though. Made me laugh out loud.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Anne. Love and hugs. ♥

Edna B said...

Maxine has the best ideas! Your hubby is so sweet to you. I'm glad your headache is letting up. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Love that poem about tea. I just copied it and posted it on my English friend, Margaret's Facebook page. She loves her tea.
P.S. That old cigarette vending machine your library uses for mini book sales sounds like a very clever idea. You should post a picture.

Kathe W. said...

I love iced tea and in the winter hot English tea! Cheers!

The Feminine Energy said...

I hope your headache stays gone for a good LONG time, my friend. What a way to wake up... NOT! ~Andrea xoxoxo