Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

WALK BY FAITH NOT BY SIGHT 2 COR:5:7




I just wanted to share a  black and white pic of my maternal grandmother and best friend forever, Cecilia Steblay with her sister my 'Tata' Rose Levstik.  My 'Tata' (SLOVEian for Aunt) was my grandmother's younger sister. My grandmother is wearing the print dress.

My grandmother lost her sight when I was seven years old. This plaque is a daily reminder of my precious  bff and I felt like I needed to share it tonight. My grandmother was widowed young and raised her one son and six daughters that were remaining by herself in February 1927 when my grandfather Joseph and  their son Tony were killed in a mining accident. She always walked by faith, never by sight so when she lost her eyesight it was not a difficulty for her. Her faith prevailed until the very day the Lord took her home.

No comments: