Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday



Good  Friday has always been a sad day for me. As a child attending Catholic school we attended all the holy week services which start on Holy Thursday. During Lent we attended Mass daily, actually as Catholic school kids we attended Mass 6 days a week. We also attended the Stations of the Cross on Friday. I was always very fascinated as a kid in the "Passion Play" where various members of the church staff read from the bible. The congregation recited the words that the crowd spoke during the last day of Christ's life on this earth. As a child I could never bring myself to shout those words "Crucify Him!" and even today they make me very sad to hear. I know Christ lives, I know He suffered for the whole world and I am very  glad for the truth and  I want to share in His eternal glory forever. My daughters work in a fast food place and their manager is an Arab! He told them they would be busy on Sunday because hardly anyone is religious in America! I beg to differ with him! In fact, he is 100% wrong! I don't use this blog to force my ideals on anyone but when it comes to Christianity America better take a stand! I don't like to believe everything I read but I believe there are many true believers in this country and  we should stand up for our rights as Christians. Christ Himself  said

Revelation 3:15-17 (New American Standard Bible)

 15'(A)I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; (B)I wish that you were cold or hot.
 16'So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.
 17'Because you say, "(C)I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing," and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked,

I wanted to share my faith here but I am trying to figure something out. Perhaps you can help me. On Good Friday 1985 I lost my precious father. I adored my dad. I was the youngest of five and he was the light of my life. I miss him terribly but I know he is in the hands of the Lord. Two years later I delivered my unborn baby daughter Rachel on Good Friday. I prayed about it then and I pray about it today.  Why did the Lord allow my father and my daughter to come home with Him on Good Friday? A friend of mine, an attorney, who is Jewish gave me this explanation when I lost my dad . Ed said "I know Christians believe that Christ is the Son of God and if God allowed His Only Son to die on Good Friday, don't you think it is an honor that God loved your father so much He took him home on that very day?" I have pondered this for 25 years.

Today was a sad day, my husband called me at work and told me that his older brother called him to say that their cousin Kevin lost his beautiful daughter Kendra last night. She was 26, the mother of two incredibly beautiful daughters and she had tonsil surgery a few days ago. She passed away suddenly. We do not know what happened but we hope and pray that she is in the arms of Jesus today. She was a bright light in this world and she suffered her own loss a few years ago. She lost her first husband to complications from diabetes.  She leaves behind her husband, two daughters, three sisters and her parents. Please pray for the Combs/Hoffman families. Thank you

Matthew 11:28-30 (New American Standard Bible)

 28"(A)Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
 29"Take My yoke upon you and (B)learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and (C)YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.
 30"For (D)My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

I can't answer you about your loss. I lost both parents on opposite coasts, within an hour of each other the same day. I pondered that question over and over and finally just turned it over to God. He knows why and I may someday. Faith is like taking the first step on the stairway in the dark. Does that make sense?

And yes, I worry about my country very much.

Have a good Easter,
Sandie