Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Aw....Mondays/ More Fun/ Nostalgia

I wanted to start the week out with Leo! He is a wonderful protector. He is kind and is careful with the puppies even when they absolutely annoy him! His face here says it all, why do you let those puppies eat my food? You know I like my privacy when I eat. He stays fit by running around the yard and chasing rabbits. Fierce when he feels danger and kind when he has to deal with yapping puppies stealing nuggets from his food bowl. Visit Sandee and everyone at Aw....Mondays.

Technology is grand, to a point.  But you will never know your history if you do not sit down with those you love or at least write down stories they shared with you. I can remember stories I have heard from loved ones gone before me and I try to post them here. I want a journal of what I can remember.
I do not have dates on these photos but this is mom and dad at the hot springs in Glenwood Springs.  We always had the best trips and dad always had us stay at the hotel attached to the hot springs. It is a grand old hotel and the mountains surrounding us are gorgeous. Unfortunately today it is overrun with people and not as relaxing as it once was. But you have not lived until you visit a hot springs in the dead of winter and soak your weary bones in the hot water while snow is falling around you.
This is my mom's sister, Auntie Ann and Uncle Frank with my dad. Wonderful memories. These days my phamily likes to visit a different hot springs up the road that is much more private and not overrun with too many people.
Although we do not play tennis, I once whacked a tennis ball directly into the eye of a friend trying to teach me the sport. I knocked his contact lense from his eye! That ended my short lived tennis career. I am not a good golfer either. Baseball and basketball were my games. I also loved a good game of teether ball which cousin Mike Barnett enjoyed. He told me he remembered I was the only person who would play it with him. LOve is....always hits the highlights of love for me.
Maxine is known for being an ornery old cuss. She isn't very nice  She needs to learn to be kinder.
Maxine should spread some love. Afterall it is the greatest gift.
Seems like everyone is on line today.
Post Headquarters at Fort Riley, Kansas. That is the top postcard. The bottom one is the Ogden Monument. It marks the geographical center of the United States.My oldest sister and her hubby lived there and their second son, my nephew edward was born there. My dad took us on the best road trips. But he had one rule, he'd say don't ask are we there yet? Because I will turn this car around and we will go home. Oh the memories were so wonderful. Mom would pack the best lunch for us and we would stop at a rest area and eat those fresh bologna and American cheese sandwiches on Rainbo bread with mustard and mayo and chips. Simple things, I cherish those memories.
Check out the price of these 1984 Neil diamond concert tickets. The good ole days are surely gone. My hubby took me to that concert just a few days before I had my second neuro-surgery. It was a wonderful concert and Neil gave his audience his all.


I usually share a Scripture but this gives everyone something to think about. I hope your day is wonderful and your week is filled with many good things.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Cute puppy and I love Maxine, she tells it like it is. One of the ladies at my Church said that due to the state of things in our Country and the World, we should start listening for the trumpets to sound. It's seems to be getting worse by the day. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Mevely317 said...

Sooo many reasons to smile here! Yes, I remember Rainbow (bread) bologna sandwiches spread with oleo (my parents were too 'scotch' to buy real butter). Wow, the many miles my dad would log on summer road trips! -- And our car didn't have air conditioning; it was always "roll down your window." Sometimes I'd grow so hot I'd crawl down on the backseat floorboard. I've never visited hot springs, which is a crying shame considering we lived so close to Jemez Springs! Since Neil Diamond's retired from touring, I count my blessings to have seen him at different times in his life: First in 1969, again in 1985, finally in 2005. Concert ticket prices have become really wicked, haven't they? Have a great day!

Sandee said...

Leo is a handsome man dog too. It's amazing how patient some pups can be. It's a good thing.

Tennis wasn't your game for sure. I chuckled.

I love the hot springs. I'm guessing lots of folks would love to be there right now.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Anne. Big hug. ♥

Catscue Cat Mom said...

What a sweet dog! Love your thoughts today, many good things to ponder.

Edna B said...

Leo is soooo handsome! Those bologna and cheese and mayo sandwiches were a staple back in the day. They're still pretty good today too! I love the photo of all the birds on the high wires. That's something that I would stop to photograph. I'm off now to feed Pogo. You have a wonderful evening. Hugs, Edna B.