Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Memories and Momentos




A postcard from the Royal Gorge. It is one of my favorite places to visit. The suspension bridge is amazing. Strung across a canyon it was the highest bridge in the world until 2001. It held the title of highest suspension bridge until 2003 but it is still the highest bridge in the U.S.A and one of the highest bridges in the top twenty in the world. Construction started on June 5, 1929 and was finished six months later in November 1929. An interesting fact, there were no deaths or serious injuries while constructing the bridge.
I am not sure how it is done today, or if you can even get a return pass but when Noelle was a little girl Uncle Louie and Auntie Ang took her to this fun filled place  Santa;s Work Shop is situated at the base of Pikes Peak. This sweet amusement park opened June 16, 1956. It is located in Cascade, Colorado on U.S. 24  just west of Colorado Springs. at the entrance to the Pikes Peak Highway, at the northern end of PIkes Peak.
I will have to search for photos from Santa's Workshop. Meanwhile her is Selfie Cat. This big guy loves his photo taken. He is very sweet and loves to pose for photos.
This lazy bones loves posing. He is quite the character. His birthday is April 30, 2014. He turned two on Jeremy and Brittany's wedding day. Brittany is not much of a feline lover so I would tease her that I could put a bow on his head and give him to them for their wedding day. Jeremy was always encouraging me to get another cat after my boy Boots passed away in 2012.
I love this stuff! I love doTerra and their product Deep Blue rub. It is a good thing and I use it before we get settled into bed at night. The winter has been particularly cold and my creaky knees and hip joints need extra comfort. I Just wanted to share this because, at least for us, it works wonders! I Just wish my new order would get her soon.
This is a favorite necklace of mine.  It is called "Heaven" and it is from the Premier Designs Jewelry collection.  I was sorting some of my pieces today and  wanted to share it.
Strawberry Shortcake wasa favorite doll who had a variety of friends when Noelle was small. Auntie Ang made this beautiful cake. I don't remember the flavor but I remember Auntie Ang could whip up the lightest and fluffiest and most delicious cakes. THis was for her sixth birthday. We always have the most fun celebrating birthdays even today.

Here is Strawberry Shortcake and some of her friends. Blueberry Muffin was one of the friends pictured here. Lemon Meringue and Orange Blossom were a couple other ones. She had lots of friends.
Tomorrow I am cooking up a batch of different recipe meatloaves for my phamily. I better get some rest. I hope you have a great weekend as it is coming up quickly.


3 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Precious memories.

Sandee said...

Taking a walk down memory lane makes me smile. So many memories as we journey.

I had some meatloaf and then the strawberry shortcake for dessert. Yummy.

Have a blessed day, my friend. ♥

Edna B said...

I'm catching up here, and that meatloaf is making me hungry. I love a good meatloaf. And I loved that pill for procrastination! Yup, I'd probably take it tomorrow too. That white and pink tea set is just gorgeous. How fun that your cat will pose for you. I have to sneak up on Pogo to get a good photo. Ah well. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.