Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

MISSING FRIENDSHIPS , SOME FUN AND LAUGHTER


I miss Jenny Matlock (Alphabe Thursday), I miss Angela ( Tuesday Show and Tail). I miss Sally and Jeanne (Blue Monday). I am joyful and grateful for those who stick by blogging and sad for those that prefer social media over it. But I truly miss those that walked away. I know there are reasons and health issues and other life events. But it is still hard trying to make my own version of Jenny's Alphabe Thursday or Angela's Tuesday Show and Tail. Sally went to her heavenly home and Jeanne had life step in and she stepped back from hosting. It is always hard missing those who made my days better. The Friend poem is a google image borrow. I would like to sit and write poetry but somehow I cannot get the words out. I use to love it when I was younger,
This google share is from princealbert.com This tea party is making me smile. One of the things I wanted to do was go back to Las Vegas with my hubby and visit the Mandarin Hotel and have high tea with him there. The Mandarin is now the Waldorf Astoria but the good news is the tea room is still there.
One of my most favorite things. The Sydney Opera House in Sydney, Australia. It has been a dream of mine to visit here. The unique design of this building is breathtaking to me.
The inside of the Sydney Opera House Main Hall. It is nice to have dreams especially when they are about beautiful things.
A verse especially dear to me. The Good Lord gave it to me the night before Nick was born nearly 26 years ago. It hangs on our bedroom wall and it is 2 Corinthians 12:9. when you ask God to answer your prayers you need to be prepared for His answer.

Rebekah made these Cherry Garcia Cookies. If you know Jerry Garcia like I love music, you will know these cookies are named after this legendary musician from the Grateful Dead. Rebekah did not think these cookies came out as she planned. I am certain Jerry Garcia himself would have loved this cookies! They ain't pretty, but boy oh boy do they taste yummy!
A fun postcard. This is Mount Massive, 14, 429 feet above sea level. Second highest summit of the Rocky Mountains in the glorious state of Colorado. It is located near Twin Lakes in Lake County near Leadville, CO. My father had phamily in Leadville and a phamily member said that my dad and his oldest sister were both born in Leadville but their birth certificates were destroyed in a fire at the courthouse. We visited Leadville when I was a kid because dad had cousins who lived there. A cousin of mine lived there when he was married to his first wife and together they ran the barber/beauty shop on Main Street. Mount Massive is the second highest fourteener in Colorado by elevation.

Our two sons love playing card games, poker and other games of chance. Here is a photo from the late 1970's in the Club Room at the KSKJ LOdge No. 7 in my hometown. My uncle Edward "Munson" has his back to us (white shirt). To his left is my father Edward "Hazee". Standing in his vest  is Uncle Tom, husband od my mom's baby sister Jo. My oldest brother Bill is sitting alongside dad and my sister's former husband Bob is in the rust colored vest. My mom and Auntie Ang use to play solitaire sitting across the table from each other. They would play for hours and chat while playing a gamer designed for a "solitary" player. I wish I had a photo of my father-in-law, Carl. He was a card player too. His sister Hazel use to say she had to buy a glass dining room table so he could not cheat at cards! (wink wink). The hubby and I still play Rummy and always have a few laughs.
A little something to make you laugh or atleast smile.
Don't forget to drink your water! Have a great "Hump Day" tomorrow.


5 comments:

Theresa said...

I just recently went to my sidebar and checked on all of those who haven’t posted in a long time. I miss them too😔. But I am happy that there are still some of us still posting. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

Intense Guy said...

Hugs. Someday hopefully soon I will have a good day and will post something.

Mevely317 said...

That's interesting about Mount Massive and Leadville! Wasn't that where the "Unsinkable Molly Brown" lived?

I, too, grow a little sad/nostalgic remembering those bloggers who've dropped out for one reason or another. Thank you, Anne, for being such a faithful citizen of Blogland!

Sandee said...

Love the friend graphic. Thank you for being my friend.

It's amazing the folks that quit blogging for one reason or another. It's the way of things.

I want one of the cookies. Sounds yummy.

Have a fabulous day, honey. Big hug. ♥

Gert said...

I know what you mean about losing friends who don’t blog much anymore. Me being one of them. With winter I seem to watch way too much TV. Used to be Tom would run the controls-now I have to. I tape so many things so I don’t have to watch all those commercials!! Thanks for your wonderful blog posts!

Blessings
Gert