Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2019

THANKFUL THURSDAY

Thankful for my faith and my freedom. Brian hosts Thankful Thursday. Stop by to say hello.
We live in close proximity to the fireworks going off in our city and the city next to us. Plus we can see the downtown fireworks. We like to stay close to home. We had breakfast with our daughter Noelle and her husband Roger this morning. It was enough that we witnessed road rage in a parking lot. No thank you. I like being at home and away from the hassle of mean spirited people.
Happy Fourth of July from our house to yours. Happy Birthday America!
Lightening was striking along with some of the fireworks displays. This is from our front yard.
I can not remember who shared this with me but whoever you were this was simply funny! Thanks for the smiles.
Trying,  it is what all of us do day in and day out. I am not complaining, I am just being truthful. I really was a wild child in my youth because I was the baby of the phamily. Sometimes I think of my folks or my favorite feline who passed away. I cry. I feel sad but than I am so thankful they were in my life for all the years that I had them.
Happy Birthday to this sweetheart. He is the original patriotic pup. He is still here for another birthday by the grace of God and good medicine. Going to miss him when he is no longer with us but for now, he is the phamily patriarch although he rules the house at Jeremy and Brittany' these days.
The new puppy was rescued last week. Her name is Luna and she is loving on Smokey. Funny how canines and felines have a sense for other animals needing their attention. Stella has always been Smokey's girl.  They are keeping the big guy happy by lavishing all their attention on him.
Smokey was enjoying his special day with Jeremy earlier today.
A patriotic boy to finish the Fourth off . He was chilling waiting for mom so they could run some errands. He really has a nice car seat with all the bells and whistles.


5 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

I hope you had a wonderful Independence Day and I'm glad that sweet doggie was getting some love. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Sandee said...

We didn't leave the house yesterday. We were thankful for that. Hubby and I stay home on the 4th. Too much drinking for some and then comes the anger. We don't like that either.

I hope you had a fabulous 4th, honey. We sure did.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Love and hugs. ♥

Mevely317 said...

Soooo much goodness here today! First, I LOVE your patriotic hoodie and your hubby's glasses. :) Glad Leo's hanging in there ...love is the BEST medicine, isn't it? And WELCOME! to Miss Luna. Glad y'all chose to adopt v. shop.

LV said...

Glad all is well with you and family. I think of you often and have fond memories of when I met you.

Debbie Harris said...

What a fun post!!
I loved seeing those photos of you all dressed up for the 4th, good for you!
Your pups are precious and blessed to have a loving home.
I trust life is treating you and your family well?

So nice to visit with you today~