Pages

Monday, August 2, 2021

Happy Tuesday

 Happy Tuesday

I have seen and heard some very disturbing things lately. I knew it was just a matter of time. I know there is not much I can personally do about it, but I can pray and I can trust the only One who will reign supreme forever.

I follow a gal named Kaylene Yoder. She is one of the nicest people who encourages others and offers so many resources to use free. It is hard to find much that does not cost lots of money today.  I don't know anyone who doesn't need some encouragement.  

I don't have an opinion especially at social media. You can argue, and fight and lose friendships and even phamily but one thing I know to be true is Jesus is going to return and when He does I want to be ready. I feel sad when I know someone personally and their salvation is unceretain. But I have come to realize, God has a plan for each life and I can not change anything. Only He can so I will be as happy as I can, stay comfortable and do what I think is best for myself. These words I am sharing encourage me tremendously, especially on difficult days. 

I am sharing some of my favorite Scripture, because it encourages me:

Psalm 9:9-10  The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed,  a stronghold in times of trouble.

Psalm 46:1-3  God is our refuge and strength, an ever=present help in trouble.

Psalm 34: 10b Thise who seek the LOrd lack no good thing.

Isaiah 26: 3-4  Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace- because they trust in you.

Joshua 1:9  Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you, wherever you go.

2 Corinthians 12:9 My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

Job 5:11  He sets on high, those who are lowly. and those who mourn are lifted to safety. 

John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace.In the world you will have tribulation, but take heart, I have overcome the world. 

Perhaps it has encouraged you too.



8 comments:

Sandee said...

I gave up on social media when they censor those they don't agree with. It was the best thing I ever did.

You're right you can't argue with these folks. They are right and their opinion is the only opinion they will tolerate. It's so sad that many of them are so wrong.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love you bunches, Anne. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

I have a few friends I chat with on Facebook, but that's about it for us on social media. We generally think social media is evil.

messymimi said...

The only person i can control is me, so i try to remain kind, considerate, compassionate, and polite. Eventually that's going to get me in trouble with them because they won't respect others but so what? As you say, we have to live to please Jesus, not them.

The Feminine Energy said...

Try to remember, Anne, that most people's religious beliefs stem from their country of origin. If you were born in India, you would not be a Bible-believing Christian... you would more than likely be Hindu. Likewise, if you were born in Ireland, you would be a Roman Catholic.... if Russia, you would be Orthodox. I don't believe for one minute that God would condemn entire countries of people to hell because they knew nothing about some "salvation prayer". God... and heaven... and all that type of thing is going to be nothing like each individual religious group is going to expect it to be. In fact, I'm sure God is shaking his head and having a good chuckle when we humans think we know who is going to heaven after they die and who isn't. So please don't worry about the "salvation" of others. It will all be ok, I promise. :-) ~Andrea xoxoxo

Mevely317 said...

I, too, am reading and witnessing some frightening things. There are days I don't know who -- or what -- to believe. Only that God is our Savior.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm not quite sure what these personel things are that you are referring to. But there is so much divisiveness now, and bullying others for their opinions. I try to keepmy blog upbeat and never mention politics or anything controversial. Paul tells us all to be uplifting and encouragers! The world gets more sorrowful by the day.

pilch92 said...

I love blogging, but I try to avoid social media other than my posts going to FB and Twitter daily. XO

Kathe W. said...

Social media is pretty awful- not my cuppa tea! Have a lovely day and please when you post could you post your link with this url: https://annesphamily.blogspot.com/ without the "s" after http it is NOT secure.
Thanks!