Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Happy Tuesday

Happy Tuesday

 Being shell-shocked by people speaking without thinking.  It sometimes feels hard to find happiness. But my home is my happy place. I will start there.


 Theses little Scripture verses are very important to me. But the Joshua 24:15 "as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." is something I read daily because I Mean it when I say I will serve the Lord.

I met a blogger who I have followed but rarely commented at her blog. Not physically but we felt the same way on some things and she told me she would pray for my friends little girls.

Ollie and Edie are Down's Syndrome girls. Due to their DS they can not take the jab. But at school their teacher is very unaccomodating and it is  frustrating for the parents and a nightmare for these girls. One has a heart condition, so she should not be forced into wearing a mask all day long. The little one was born in a different country and she already has speech issues  Plus she is super quiet and becomes very frustrated when the teacher can not understand or hear her with the mask on.  I won't comment on the teacher, but ask for prayer for all three of them.Children should be happy and not forced into demands of the world. Unless you understand that, your treatment of them is not very kind or considerate. These girls should be happy. I was a very happy child, but times were not stressful and I went to a school where the children stuck together in difficulties. We never let anyone fall through the cracks because we were raised better. We did not bully each other and we learned wisely from the way we were raised up. Prayers for these precious girls and their teacher is graciously asked by their parents.


Happiness is a cat who has no worries

I love all the things I have that are in arms reach and I enjoy the solitude of my home when everyone else is working. My greatest frustration is rounding up dogs to come inside when the 90 temps are baking the ground we walk on.



I love reading the weather predictions from the Old Farmers Almanac. They predict a huge blizzard for Colorado in the third week of January 2022. One of the local news channels said it is a big joke. They must live in a hole somewhere because the Farmers Almanac is right on for so many of their predictions. These are the same people who can't prediction the weather properly on any given day. I will trust a farmer any day over a weather person!


And on the eighth day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, “I need a caretaker.” So God made a farmer. God said, “I need somebody willing to get up before dawn, milk cows, work all day in the fields, milk cows again, eat supper, then go to town and stay past midnight at a meeting of the school board.” So God made a farmer.
 God said, “I need somebody willing to sit up all night with a newborn colt and watch it die, and dry his eyes and say, ‘Maybe next year.’ I need somebody who can shape an ax handle from a persimmon sprout, shoe a horse with a hunk of car tire, who can make harness out of haywire, feed sacks, and shoe scraps. Who planting time and harvest season will finish his 40-hour week by Tuesday noon and then, painin ’from tractor back, put in another 72 hours.” So God made a farmer.
 God said, “I need somebody strong enough to clear trees and heave bales, yet gentle enough to yean lambs and wean pigs and tend the pink-combed pullets, who will stop his mower for an hour to splint the broken leg of a meadow lark.” So God made a farmer.
It had to be somebody who’d plow deep and straight and not cut corners. Somebody to seed, weed, feed, breed, and brake, and disk, and plow, and plant, and tie the fleece and strain the milk. Somebody who’d bale a family together with the soft, strong bonds of sharing. Who would laugh, and then sigh, and then reply with smiling eyes, when his son says that he wants to spend his life doing what dad does.
 So God made a farmer.


Maxine always has an opinion. This one is true.    

Happiness is home

Happiness is Prayer

Happiness is The Old Farmer's Almanac

Happiness is Farmers


7 comments:

Sandee said...

I have the same kind of home you do. It's wonderful. It's good to have a happy place to live. Some people live in houses and we live in homes. A big difference.

Love Maxie. Maxine is right about that.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Big hugs, Anne. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those poor girls, they sure deserve better and I hope something can be done to help. Maybe Maxine needs to be in change of the education system.

Mevely317 said...

My grandfather was a humble farmer in rural Minnesota, and I remember mother lamenting how very hard both her parents worked. Yes, I think these men and women are often overlooked and underappreciated.

Prayers for Ollie and Edie!

pilch92 said...

I will pray for them too. My mom buys the Almanac for my hubby every Christmas. XO

messymimi said...

Praying for those children, and for our farmers.

Terra said...

I like the words about God creating farmers. So true.

Edna B said...

I enjoyed God's words about the farmers. And I feel so badly for those two little girls. Have their parents considered home schooling? At least for a year or two? It's not a solution, but it's a lot more comfortable. You have a wonderful day my friend, hugs, Edna B.