Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2022

THANKFUL THURSDAY

 Thankful Thursday

Thankful to have lived so many years during the reign of Queen Elizabeth. I think she was a remarkable person. A strong, intelligent woman with many sorrows and yet she was first rate and always graceful. I think her place in history is unbelievably amazing. Rest well Queen, rest well.


Lots to be thankful for. My friend Monica who is part Scottish and part German is going to the Oktoberfest in Vail, Colorado this weekend. I told her she should try to attend the Scottish Fest too.

Lots going on this weekend in our state. My niece is having the church service for her husband John who passed away on August 29th Saturday. We may try to visit her at her home later in the day.

SANDEE I know you are winding down your birthday but I could not leave here without one more Maxine for you. I know she is your favorite! Happy Birthday my friend. 

 


4 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

We all send prayers and hugs to your niece on the loss of her husband. Maxine is always such a hoot. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.

Sandee said...

The Queen lived a long life. She's with her husband again.

Big hug on your niece. So sad.

Thank you for the birthday wish. I love Maxine and that is perfect. I had a wonderful birthday.

I hope you had a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Love and hugs. ♥

Mevely317 said...

I'm still stunned at the Queen's passing. I mean, we all knew her health was iffy, but it's like someone you expect to be around forever.
The Scottish festival sounds like such fun! I used to love attending those things each Fall, but Tom's no longer up for that sort of thing; and it's no fun going alone.

PS - I had the best surprise this morning when Mr. UPS came calling at my door. Thank you sooooo much, dear friend!

messymimi said...

That birthday advice is excellent! Yes, i am going to miss the Queen, and pray she is at rest.