Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

RANDOM THOUGHTS AND THINGS ABOUT ANIMALS, GOD'S THOUGHTS ON ANIMAL ABUSE WRITTEN IN SCRIPTURE

1.) I read that country singer Miranda Lambert was sending two mobile Veterinary vans to Moore, Oklahoma. They will be able to treat the injured animals and place all the animals that have not been returned to their rightful owners for whatever reason. I also heard lots of pets found wandering about are chipped!


2.)  "A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal, But even the compassion of the wicked is cruel." Proverbs 12: 10


3.)  Recently in Colorado, two separate owners have mistreated their animals. Several horses were being starved to death and were rescued and a property  housing donkeys were also mistreating these innocent creatures.

4.) 19 For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts [a]is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is [b]vanity. Ecclesiastes 3:19
Seriously, says Rose, who invited these dumb dogs to my party?!?


5.) Someone tossed a bag of  five puppies into a trash can. Four of the puppies survived and will be placed in the care of good homes. Bandit is chilling in his new bed. Thanks Andrew and Lyndsee and Sophie! Sophie outgrew this cool bed!


6.)  "The Lord is good to all, and His mercy is over all that He has made." Psalm 145:9
Stella Bella Boo! She is thinking, drat this basketball isn't as tasty as I originally thought it was!


7.)  We are having a nice cool breeze filter through our opened windows. Roxanne, stood in front of the window as the curtains moved and she growled a very fierce and ferocious growl! It was very frightening. She weighs in at a whooping four pounds!

8.) My friend Pat lost her buddy Bo recently. He was a pretty white cat like this google image I found. I bet Bo is walking over the Rainbow Bridge with my sweet boy Boots. Losing our pets are heartbreaking. R.I. P. sweet Bo!

9.)  Fourteen long months ago my best pal Boots moved over to the Rainbow Bridge. He was such a good companion. I will never forget his kind heart.
Once several years ago he walked over to my hubby and bit him soundly on the toe. I saw fur flying and curse words filling the air! When he passed away I asked him "Why in the world did you bite dad.?" He lifted his head one final time as if to tell me, "I just felt like it!" I know you are at peace my sweet friend. I will never forget you.

10.) "Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through the snow." Jeff Valdez

11.) "If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." Alfred Whitehead

12.)  "There is no psychiatrist like a puppy licking your face."  Bernard Williams  A friend of mine lost her ex husband. It was quite a difficult  and harrowing situation he put her in. She said after he passed away she found a box of his clothing. Her dog walked over to the box, sniffed it, walked over to her, and covered her face in kisses. My friends, that is the definition of a true friend.

13.) Are you a fan of Garfield? Oh how I love that lasagne eating feline!
14.)  How about Marmaduke? This cartoon caption would be referring to our Stella. She is a shoe thief! No she does not eat them. She prefers to bury them under the covers!
15.) Tom and Jerry are my Saturday and Sunday morning habit! That darn Jerry is so wicked to poor ole Tom! That tom cat can never catch a break!
16.) My middle daughter, the recent college graduate had a passion for Scooby Doo! How about you?
17.) Do you have a pet? What is your favorite furry critter?


18.) Do you like birds? I love watching them. They seem so carefree and fancy free.


19.)  "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God.  Luke 12:6

  20.) "Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8

When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Feed my lambs.” John 21:15

I had to share this for Tuesday Show and Tails with my friend Sandie! She is the keeper of this fun Tuesday meme since sweet  Angela took a break.


7 comments:

Marilyn said...

I love Wally's cat--except when she bites ME! She does not seem to age at all, the past four years without Wally have gone in a blink of her eye. Missing him a lot this last weekend. Thanks for stopping in for a visit. One thing on my "list" is to plan a tea-time with you, nothing fancy, but someday... I know you have a busy work and family life, but perhaps before the snow flies again, we can do it.♥♫

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Anne, Before I forget it, be sure to check out my blog tomorrow. I have a neat BIRD blog coming up!!!!

I don't have a pet now (since we travel so much) --but had a cocker spaniel for about 15 yrs. Duchess was so special --and I grieved for a long time when she died...

I hate reading about animals that have been abused... TERRIBLE....

Thanks for a great post.
Hugs,
Betsy

Mari said...

I really enjoyed all the pictures and the verses scattered though them.
I can't handle abuse of any type - animal or human!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

It is horrible what people can do to God's creatures. Many people around here have no regard for them at all. We do what we can, just wish everyone would. (())

Theresa said...

I have read about all of the animals and happy to hear that people are doing extraordinary things to help! CUTE little ones finding their owners! Have a blessed week, I love Tom and Jerry too:)

Dewena said...

What a beautiful post! Each word and picture helping tell your loving thoughts for these innocent creatures. I have to wonder about people who don't care about animals. When my mother was growing up they couldn't afford to keep a dog but she made a pet out of a chicken, dressed it like a little girl. That chicken never went in the pot.

There have been so many good dogs in my life. A piece of my heart went with them when they left me. Now, at our age, we will care for the two dogs and one cat we have left. Not only do we need to think about hoping they won't outlive us, I feel that I can't face too many more of my pets' death. It's just so hard.

Denise said...

Really enjoyed this post. I love Garfield, Heathcliff, and marmaduke. Also snoopy. Dolphins, lions, tigers. Of course my favorite is my dear doggie Coco.