Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Why Do We Blog?

I found this image of a favorite bible verse. I have a friend dealing with cancer! Aack! Demon that it is!  So it hit me that I blog because I love my friends and when real life kicks them down I have to fight alongside! I had a tough two days at my office. No need to whine about it. I feel so alone there. But I know there is a plan for me. I think it is my people skills! I have always had a knack for finding friendships and so it makes me feel good. Please pray for Tom. I know he can kick this cancer.

 I love to share my phamily.
I was told no graduation cap and gown photos til the official day! Whaaaaaah! So I stole this from my "legendary" oldest girl. She calls this photo "1970 called Rebekah, they want their bell bottoms back." This little miss loves big bell bottomed pants! So do I! She will graduate Sunday morning! I am excited! She will begin a new chapter in her life. It will be one amazing journey for this hard working smiling lass! She has put great effort into her schooling! We are very proud.

I suppose I could use an attitude adjustment! I should ask for prayer for me too! You can never have enough people praying for you!
Tomorrow we will watch Nick's high school buddy Sean run the 2 mile at the state competition. Please pray as getting here was quite an ordeal with the finals at school being held at the same time. Lots of prayer helped get him here and he can take the final he needs next year as a senior. 
Nick won this 5k last Spring in his age group. He will run again this Saturday! Prayers please.
Jeremy was in the last graduating class of Metro when it was a college. Rebekah will be in the first graduating class at Metro as a university. Lots of hard work and struggles to get here. I am overwhelmed with pride! Two down, two to go! Sigh!
Aw.....the tiny baby is getting so grown up! Aren't they the cutest little phamily? I can not believe he will turn 2 this September!
Cousins! Just a few months apart!
What is your favorite thing about blogging?








8 comments:

Terra said...

Your post has so many good elements in it, and your pride in your growing up kids shines through. I prayed for your friend Tom.

Dewena said...

I have come to realize too the privilege of being able to pray for blog friends, most who I'll never meet but I hurt when they hurt. There are a couple right now who I would love to be able to take them a meal and give them a hug but all I can do is pray and visit their blogs.

I love reading about your children in this blog and how you help support them in all their interests.

Parsley said...

I love blogging for the new friends I make across the miles. I consider you one of them.

Intense Guy said...

And I am with Parsley. Never met either of you two, but think of you both often and always hope you are doing well.

Sue McPeak said...

Keeping you and your friend Tom in my thoughts and prayers. I too just found out about a high school classmate given three months. His name is Ted, please add him to your prayer list.

You have lots going on. Hang in there, it will all come together with meaningful results. How else could it be with your faith and prayer warriors.

Sue CollectInTexasGal
Rattlesnake Butte on AtoZ RoadTrip

Anonymous said...

We love zany family photos, too! :)

Denise said...

Praying for Tom.

Mevely317 said...

OMG, I'm just today revisiting Blogland ...
... and appreciative of your call to prayer! Several stumbling blocks this week, but hopefully some ANSWERS in the coming days.

PS - Like your sweet daughter, I STILL love bell-bottoms! May have been in my own imagination, but thought they took attention AWAY from my hips :)