Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2020

25th Anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing

25 years ago today marks the anniversary of the worst domestic terrorist attack in the USA. These were the children pulled from the ruins who survived. I will never forget a girl I worked with, her cousin was one of the pre school teachers and her body was the last one removed from the wreckage.


 I worked with two people who lost loved ones that fateful morning.  I will pray for the families of those lost in the bombing all the days of my life. It is strange there is no remembering except for those who lost their loved ones. I never thought the city of Oklahoma City received the respect and love it deserved after the initial first year. Some things should be forgotten this is not one of them. 
I am terribly sad as my post never published today and I was busy and missed checking in. I hope you all have a wonderful new week ahead and stay safe and be happy. Grateful for blessings and good friends and love for phamily. 

3 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

It's sad this didn't get much coverage from the news media. Such a sad time for so many.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I sent my blog post to FB and wonder how long before they remove it too. Such an attack on our constitutional rights. Everyone has freedom to express their hatred, their views, everyone except CHRISTians.

we blogged with Run Around Ranch Teresa. She said, she never went to social media as people were cutting and cruel. God Bless You Teresa. You are such a sweet lady and your statement rings so true.

messymimi said...

It was so awful, and my heart still aches for those lost, and those who lost someone.