Pages

Monday, May 22, 2023

Aw...Mondays with More Fun

 Aw....Mondays


Love these elegant creatures. They were favorites for our sweet  great grand boy Alastor Avery. I like to remember him through these lovely spotted animals. If you go to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs, Colorado, which sits at the base of the beautiful Pikes Peak mountains  , you can feed these friendly vegetarian's. Alastor loved to reach out and touch them and giggle.


If you love reading, I highly recommend this book. The author was new to me but RaeAnne Thayne, an author I follow recommended this book. On Thursday I did nothing but pad around in my pjs and read this book in one 353 page sitting! Sometimes you just have to have one of those days!


Blaise Pascal lived from 1623-1662 and his words for this SPARKS share are relevant today.


Always.....love is.... has the best advice to keep your heart young. I love these because MaryDon shared with me many years ago at her blog. It was the common thread between us and I have stacks of these little messages from the 1970's when I first fell in love with these little bits of love . Please pray for MD as she is back in the hospital. She is such a brave lady and so filled with goodness and always shares the very best of her days. 


Loretta is the cousin of my high school and lifelong friend Yvonne. Loretta is a cowgirl and she makes me laugh ever single day of my life!  My husband will often say, is this something you got from Loretta? Even he knows her so well.  God and a cowgirl, hey at least she is asking for future reference!

The Ice Cream Man

This sign was in front of the Ice Cream Food Truck, one of many delectable desserts you could purchase. I am kind of sorry we never bought the bucket of Nachos////sigh...


My sister-in-law Lucy found more photos to share with us. Oh how handsome he was in his Navy Blues! Loved my father-in-law Carl. He was a character who could make you laugh. He was an orphan and his take on life came right out of the Word of God. He was one amazing man. His wicked ole aunt sent him off to the Navy at the tender age of 14. She fibbed on the paperwork. So by the time he was 19 he had traveled around the world and had been in6 out of 7 seas and 3 out of 4 oceans. His work ethic, his love of family and everything he did in his life was done simply because he never stopped learning. 

Feline Friday


There are some who have the absolute life of Riley! He bullied poor Finn off this comfy cozy corner. He looks innocent, do not believe it. 

At the Carnival Food Truck event this past weekend, we saw so many different kinds of food and fun! Many people had their pets with them. It was a good time. 

Back the Blue

I hope never to see another one of these in my little city. This officer gave his life trying to defend someone in a domestic violence call in 1984. The park where all the outdoor events are held is named in his honor. 


We had a fun weekend even with all the hard work we did around the house and yard. Plus we saw the grand kids at Brody's final basketball game and we watched Blake while dad went to his 20th school reunion and mom and Addy and Brody went to Kamrie's recital. Kamrie is their cousin who plays basketball with Brody and she had her first dance recital. She is a girl of many talents too. 


This handsome fella spent some quality time with us Saturday. His dad's barber has a daughter who is going to be a rock star like her dad! She gave the boys their haircuts and did a fantastic job. My twin wearing his Jamal Murray number 15 jersey. I should have snapped a photo of us together.


Brody loves basketball. He is so good already and plays very hard. Now he plans to do some street hockey but he did ask Zach to teach him to skate on the glass! I see the hockey league coming his way. 


6 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is just wrong for a 14 year old child to be in the Navy! The poor guy. But I guess he saw it as more of an adventure. You must be a very fast reader!

Sandee said...

Love all the funnies and love the kitty. So adorable. So is Brody. A huge Awww.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Anne. Love and hugs. ♥

pilch92 said...

Thanks for catching us up on everything in your family. It is fun attending recitals and games. I spent the weekend at soccer and tennis. :) XO

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those giraffes are so beautiful. That's a terrific Spark too. It's really sad about that police officer.

Terra said...

There is so much good in this post, friend. I am praying for healing for MaryDon , she is such a love. I am guessing the giraffes are indoors in winter, hope so. You have lots of fun with family I can tell.

messymimi said...

You pack so much fun, and beauty, and joy and yes, sorrows and realities, too, into your posts. They are like lovely patchwork quilts and I enjoy them very much.

Thank you for joining Feline Friday, and of course the cat looks innocent but is not!