Pages

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Aw,,,Mondays Happy Tuesday Tuesday 4 Maxine Cracks Me Up

 Awww......Mondays


When I was a small child my uncle Louie told me the story of Bruce. He was an only child and was the son of my maternal grandmother's cousin Frances. Bruce loved America and went to serve us in WWII. He was a Mariner.  Bruce was a few weeks shy of his 22 birthday when he perished.  Buried at sea near Rabaul.  He is on eternal patrol.  Uncle Louie gave me this photo. I can not imagine his mother's pain knowing he passed away but no bodies were ever recovered and so his  death is simply considered considered buried at sea.  52 submarines lost at sea during WWII and 3,506 officers and enlisted men . Bruce's story incredibly is  sad yet so powerful especially during these dark troubling times in our world. I can not understand those who are against our country and our freedom. 

Although he perished at sea, Bruce received the Purple Heart. 

Memorial Day is much more than simply a holiday weekend. 


We have had lots of rain pouring down on us. But the grass is very green. Life is everywhere. 

" May we think of freedom not as the right to do as we please , but the opportunity to do what is right." Peter Marshall

Happy Tuesday

This would be a great refrigerator magnet!

I can't say I don't do anything but I enjoy being home. I have caught up on lots of reading, completed a few smaller projects and  watched kids and pets too.  Life is joyful and of course it leads to happy days!

BEDDY BYE

 Hello! Nice to see you back for another Tuesday 4 which was begun by Toni Taddeo and kept up in her memory.    It might be nice to talk about our homes and how we like our rooms to be ordered and used.  What about the bedroom.. a place of comfort and peace.

 


 1. How do you make up your bedroom and bed... colors? blankets? Quilts? Bedspread? Comforter? Throws? Pillow? what goes into making your bed comfy for you? We have light gray walls and a white ceiling. Our curtains are room darkening in light sage green. The white comforter has a floral print on the top half in purple and dark sage green. We use our old heated blanket which is no longer heating in the cold months and take it off in the warm months. We have a top sheet and a Minky lavender and white checkered blanket that covers three quarters of the bed. We don't have room for many pillows but we do have many of them.  Cool gel pillows and an adjustable bed make our golden years very comfy. 

2. What is in your dresser? Is it organized or messy? My dresser drawers are organized but the top of the dresser can get quite messy so no photos today.  We have way too many things in our bedroom so we are in the process of downsizing lots of them. We have lots of wall hangings, with pictures and lots of things we enjoy. 

3. What's in and on your night stand? We have tall nightstands with five small drawers so they are filled with our personal things. Candy, books, things we are working on. The top of the night stand has a lamp on either side, my is a pineapple shaped base with a white shade. He has a touch lamp that is white and gold trimmed.  We have our cup of pens & pencils, scissors, little things and way too much stuff. We are in the spring fever downsizing mode so we will see how it turns out. 

4. Do you read in bed or watch TV before going to sleep? Both. some nights we watch TV before bedtime and often we listen to the bible on tape. I like to read being comfy so I often settle in with a cup of tea and read to my hearts content. My sweet husband does the same. We also use our laptops which go into our drawers of the nightstand. 



6 comments:

Sandee said...

So sad about Bruce. So many gave their all. Bless his family.

Love is all that and more.

So it's the refrigerator, not the dryer. Who knew.

Thank you for joining the Awww Monday and Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous day and week, Anne. Love and hugs. ♥

messymimi said...

I'm so sorry your family lost Bruce.

I'm going to keep my eye on the fridge.

Your bedroom sounds fabulous.

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's quite the Bruce story. We will always remember our heroes, always. Love Maxine, that's a funny one.

Mevely317 said...

Thank you for sharing Bruce's story. God bless those who remember and keep his memory alive.
Your bedroom sounds like a serene haven ... aaaaah!

Annie said...

I downsized possessions but find I can still do a lot more. Things, stuff seems to pile up and most of it we don't need.

Theresa said...

Sad story about Bruce:( SO many were lost and it is especially sad when their bodies are not recovered! I love the Peter Marshall quote. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!