Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Many Monday Memories in the Making

I think being different is cool. It is awesome and fun! I own one cat, his name is Mr Kitty. He is quite pretentious and thinks he is the house ruler. I am caregiver to Nick's cat, Rose. She is the Chicken Wrangler, steals chicken faster than you can say "Where did my chicken go?"  Fried, baked, boiled, she is not picky although I think she may have some Southern roots. I have caught her twice with fried chicken, only the remains of the crispy goodness in her whiskers. A faint whisper of fried chicken on her breathe. The girl is a magician, disposing of the bones so she leave no evidence. Daphne belongs to our middle daughter's beau. I call her "Hey Girl", as she is skittish and shy. Having been dumped inside a twelve pack box of Miller Lite Beer with four siblings, as a newborn , I guess I would be afraid of humans too! Our youngest daughter owes Leo, oh what can I say about Leo, he is the neighborhood good will ambassador. Greets each dog in three yards surrounding our home each day. The grumpy black lab, who for nearly 6 years, has barked at me! Yet he wags his tail at Leo as they sniff butts through the fence and pee as if giving each other a high five! Leo stands about six feet tall on his hind legs. He is massive, about 75 lbs. He will lick you to death, kiss you and nibble your arms! But he is a gentle giant, once confined to a kennel for more than 12 hours a day. My hubby hates for him to jump on the bed but when I have had a bad day, a rotten  migraine or simply feel defeated he will come and lay next to me. He will look me directly in the eyes and I tell him how blessed he is to be here where he can run, catch rabbits, play fetch and lounge outside in the sunshine. He understands me and he loves the great outdoors. I babysit Jeremy's three dogs. Bandit is the ancient one. The old man recently received sad news. He is 15, quite a feat for a fellow who weighs a whooping 10-12 lbs. and is called a rat terrier. But he had an infection on his back paw and the vet thinks is is quite serious. The oral antibiotics helped and his three times a week foot soak with a special medicated shampoo has healed him somewhat. But Jeremy will have to decide about further testing to determine the seriousness of his illness. At nearly 100 in human years, the little fellow is a true prince. Smokey is a Boxador, which is a Boxer/Lab. he is 8 and the friendliest fellow. He watches over his tiny elderly brother and cherishes Stella, also 8, the shepherd/blue heel rescue. She is his love and he guards as as if she were a precious gemstone. My days are filled with cat litter, dog food, hair and spills. But the company is good. Sometime a furry friend knows exactly what you need. They will never let you down either. They are so different from people. They give a vacuum a great workout! So be different and visit Sandee at Aw...Mondays.
Pretty blue tea things from Pinterest. This elegant teapot would be terrific for a little tea party. I love the design on it.
Pinterest has some pretty tea sets too. This one is very classic and might be used at a high tea or just a fun vintage tea.
This Vintage Cobalt Blue teacup is bright and colorful. It would be fun to use at a Mad Hatter Tea Party where you could mix and match some different tea cups and saucers.
Amen to this pinterest find. I hope Jeanne joins me for some tea. I have lovely almond cookies, an English shortbread cookie and some elegant pastries to share. won't you join me too?
I will ask pinterest to give me this scone recipe too. You might enjoy glazed lemon blueberry scones.
Even Love is...loves tea time too!
Now Ms. Maxine, we really need to work on those manners. You can't spill hot tea on someone you don't like! Isn't it better to simply kill them, with kindness?
I will always love sharing Scriptures and the Book of James is very special to me.  I read it because my father read it and furthermore, he lived it.

17 comments:

Linda said...

I am drinking a nice cup of herbal tea right now as I read your post and your second to last image almost made me choke on it. LOL!!! Hilarious! I think animals teach us so much! When I went through a deep and long depression 8 months ago, my 3 year old, black and white, green eyed cat, Romeo, knew I was not myself. Whenever I walked in the apartment he would follow me and bat me on my leg with his paw as if to say, "Come on, let me help you get through this". They just know when we are not feeling well. I enjoyed your post, and I love all the tea items! :)

Sandee said...

Awww on all the critters. You are surrounded by lots of special four legged friends and family members.

I don't drink tea very often. Green tea is about it when I do.

Have a blessed day my friend and an pawsome Awww Monday. ♥♥♥

Nonnie said...

I love scones, but have never made them, although I do think about it occasionally. Your teapots are beautiful and the animals are all sweet. So unique in their own special, quirky way. Have a great day and thank you for your comments on my blog. I am already following you! :-)

Kathe W. said...

lovely way tostart the day reading your blog!

photodoug said...

Earl Grey tea and a warm blueberry scone. What a great way to start your day. Thanks for sharing.

Edna B said...

There's nothing quite like a fur baby to get you through a bad time. They never let us down. And I absolutely love your Maxine cartoon today. How come I never thought of that?

Tis a gorgeous Autumn day here, and as soon as the wash is done, Pogo and I will be going outside in the yard for a while to enjoy this day. I hope your day is super too, hugs, Edna B.

Mevely317 said...

To borrow a quote, "You're eery an angel on earth" -- to the earth's four-legged creatures, that is! (My former husband used to say that about my mom.)
Anne, I do believe you could be a best-selling author. I love your descriptions, particularly Leo!
... Adding sweet Bandit to my prayers!

messymimi said...

Maxine is funny but she's not a good role model!

Jeanne said...

Hi Anne, I really enjoyed your animal menagerie. You do have your hands full. Our poodle Cheri' is the love of our life. She does think she is the boss of all of our families pets. Cats and dogs with a pet rabbit as well. We are in FL again for a football game and our daughter has a poodle, a cat, and a rabbit. They all have the run of the house. Even though Cheri' is familiar with all of them, she still needs to bark at them to show who is the boss. Yikes. Our daughter and her husband came through the storm just fine. They live an hours drive from the East coast of Fl. Lots of rain and wind but no issues.

I love your teapots and the quote. Your goodies are making me hungry. I too love a nice cup of tea. Thank you for your sweet comment as always.
Enjoy your week.
Blessings, Jeanne

NanaDiana said...

Anne- I love the kitty stories and I hope the kitty with the sore paw recovers. That is a long time for a kitty to live though and I am sure he has had a good life.

Love all your blues and would LOVE that blue teapot.

Hope you have a great week, Anne. xo Diana

pilch92 said...

Rose sounds like a lot of fun as long as you guard that chicken :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Anne, how have you been? Haven't "seen" you for a while! Maybe also because I have a new url now (because I ran out of space at my previous blog) it's now artworksfromJeshstg.wordpress.com
How are things going for you? Have a beautiful week in blue!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

I love blue and your selections of blue are lovely!
How I enjoy a blueberry scone a pretty blue teapot with my favorite tea!
xo
Jemma

andrea chiu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Intense Guy said...

Those lemon blueberry scones look delicious!!!

Lux G. said...

LOvely pieces. Amazing how the right shade of blue could look this elegant. Love!

Danice G said...

Gorgeous blue tea cups. You always finds the best items! Every time I look at the beautiful lilac tea cup & saucer that I won from you, it makes me smile. Your blog's happy vibe is very much appreciated.