Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Scripture Challenge Day 5 and Day 6 and My BoJon Heritage

Blogger and I butted heads yesterday! Plus the fact that I had my flu shot, and started to have an achy arm late last night I gave up and came back today to post my Day 5 and Day 6 Scripture. This verse reminds me of my grandmother Steblay. She was my biggest hero, the best friend a girl could ever know and she lost her eyesight when I was 8 years old. It never changed her faith. It was rock solid her entire life and life did not give her an easy life. I want to honor her today with this verse which will always give me a smile when I think of her.
My grandmother on your left, was still able to see when this photo was taken with her oldest daughter Mary and Auntie Mary's mother-in-law Mrs. Mary Mishmash. My grandma was a kind heart. She raised five beautiful daughters and one son but lost two daughters and a son all tragically.  I am proud of what I came from. Strong-willed women and kind hearted men and lots of faithful servants to Our Lord.
I love everything related to tea! Today my tea cup exchange package arrived from Melissa in Alabama. I will post photos later but let me say that Melissa brightened my day tremendously! Someday I am going to have a Mad Hatter Tea Party with mismatched everything! You have to wear your favorite hat or I will find one for you to wear! It is part of the tea party dress code.
So many differences in this world! It is perfectly fine to state your opinion if it is different from someone else. But together we need to learn L O V E is what can heal. I started posting these Scriptures because I am tired of the hateful attitudes regarding politics. Isn't it enough the candidates are hateful and demeaning to each other? Do we really want to act like they do? Try kindness. Use love. They are so much more healthy than hate and mean spirited behavior.
Tomorrow I hope I can talk more about the illness my cousin Mike suffers from. It is important to me because when he was diagnosed they told him people with the Eastern European heritage seem prone to this disease. Until tomorrow, take care, use kindness and spread around some love.

7 comments:

Sandee said...

I had a grandmother like you did. I loved my grandmother very much and she was my hero too.

Yes kindness goes a long way. Be kind.

Have a fabulous day. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

LV said...

Sorry to hear there is so much going in your world now. We just have to take one day at the time and make the best. With your outlook and faith, you will be just fine.

Linda said...

I am so sorry to know that you are going through so much at this time. I don't get the flu vaccine but I have had a very sore right arm for weeks now (and I am right handed, too), but I have made an appointment with my doctor for next week so I will tell him what has been happening. I agree that kindness is the best way to go, and I love the teapot! I, like yourself, love tea and anything related to tea! For myself, a cup of tea is comforting.

Warm hugs. :)

Dogmom Diva said...

You are so blessed to have come from such strong family ties...it has and will carry you through your life. I am blessed to have known some of these fine folks you write about!

I need my flu shot, soon. Just have to go get it.. this weekend, Carll is going down to the VA for his on Monday, I might tag along and have him stop at CVS and I can get mine. Last thing I want to do is get sick.

Hugs!

carol l mckenna said...

Great to hear from you and sending you lots of distant reiki healing hugs and prayers ~ Life is both the joy and the sorrow ~ be patient ~ I am still learning 'patience' ~ It sometimes seems to come 'all at once' ~ You are in 'good hands' and do stay in touch ~ xox

Wishing you a peaceful week ~ ^_^

Intense Guy said...

Lots of good words in Ephesians.

Stephanie said...

Hi sweet Anne! Oh, I'm so sorry about your sore arm...I hope it's feeling better now.

I so enjoyed seeing some of the lovely items you received in your tea cup parcel. The tea cup is quite the little beauty!

Wishing you a delightful Monday. Hugs!