Pages

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Happy Tuesday Maxine Cracks Me Up

 Happy Tuesday

  
You know that Maxine cracks me up..... welll........ she is a wild one today!

What are we going to do with Maxine? I'll tell you , absolutely nothing! She is her own person in a man's mind! Kudos to the gentleman who creates Maxine and her snarkiness.

Are you happy? I sure am. It is ninety seven degrees outside yet I am chilling indoors with a limeade and cold water and nice a/c to keep us sane. Yesterday Avery was still home with me. Our plumber woke us up way too early to tell us the tech called in sick so we had to reschedule.  It is nothing urgent, just a check which is part of the plan we have with them. Our next appointment was at 2 for our haircuts. We went out to breakfast, came home and changed the living room curtains for the third time! But our living room is even cooler now. sigh....we are happy.

The trash man came so I ran out there to put up my trash containers. Then the recycle followed. It's way TOO hot to do anything else outdoors.

I'm happy because although I currently am homebound without a car, I am grateful for the days I spend with Avery. He made green chili on Monday. The vendor we purchased them from didn't get all the seeds out so it was a messy project..They were Hatch's chilies. I think we will visit Lulu's and buy more frozen chilies until September rolls in and we can go buy them fresh and clean them ourselves.

Happy because by the end of this year we will have a new grandson. Happy for the few trips we will be able to take too. 

I'm happy because the amazon driver left our packages behind the bin I have out on the front porch for salt to clear the icy walks in the winter. 

Happy to be planning a shower for Hannah as they will try to come out once more before the baby is born. Rebekah has a gift for party planning and my sister-in-law Cheri is helping us too

Happy that  my son Jeremy sent me a photo of amazon boxes yesterday. hahaha Brittany my daughter-in-law who I love dearly said she has lots of gifts in those boxes. I'm so happy she is related to us.

Happy the chocolate silk pie and the banana cream abirthday pie is nearly gone. Oh the tempatation!


You know Maxine has an answer for everything in this world. 

More happiness:



...the only possible good in the universe is happiness. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to try and make somebody else so. ~Robert G. Ingersoll, 1888


I've learned to be happy with what I have, and even if I lost it, I'd still be happy, because (see start of sentence.) ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com, 2019


The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. ~Mark Twain, 1896


There are lots of ways of being miserable, but there’s only one way of being comfortable, and that is to stop running round after happiness. If you make up your mind not to be happy there’s no reason why you shouldn’t have a fairly good time. ~Edith Wharton, "The Last Asset," in Scribner's Magazine, 1904  [Followed by, "That was Schopenhauer's idea, I believe." —tg]


Happiness is excitement that has found a settling down place, but there is always a little corner that keeps flapping around. ~E. L. Konigsburg, From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, 1967


The key to happiness? Simple really. You don't let short-term concerns ruin your life, and you don't let long-term concerns ruin your day. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com


Happiness is always a by-product. It never comes to those who concentrate on securing it... It always comes as a result of something else. The pursuit of noble things, the things essentially worth while... As a man goes on life's journey, with a brave heart, doing the best he can... he often hears the faint flutter of invisible wings, he feels a presence, a companion. It is Happiness. ~Chicago Herald, c. 1917


Happiness is always a by-product. It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular. But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness. ~Robertson Davies (1913–1995)


All persons carry with them some means of happiness. ~James Lendall Basford (1845–1915), Sparks from the Philosopher's Stone, 1882


I don't think you can feel a sense of entitlement and still be happy. Happiness always comes from feeling that you've been blessed. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com


2 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Maxine and the life alert made me laugh out loud!

messymimi said...

Maxine is wonderful, the quotes are wonderful, you are wonderful. Thank you.