Pages

Saturday, July 22, 2023

Saturday Funnies

 


I'm a Lucy kinda gal

I thought I would share some funnies over the weekend. With the storms were have had in the past few months we often get our power kicked off. Our daughter Rebekah attends all these functions at the city where we live, so she contacted the Excel rep. who talked to residents at one of these events recently. She was able to get the right people involved and we were told they were going to put in a new transformer. So far so good and I pray it continues. I love my blogs but it has been hard trying to keep them up with all the blackouts.

I think Lucille Ball was one of the greatest comic actresses in my lifetime. Today's comedy involves so much smut. I was sad when Bill Envall announced his retirement. He is funny and refreshing. But Lucy had the perfect comic timing along with her co star on her TV series, Vivian Vance. 

 My friend Carole, who I met in the kindergarten always says a mom's investigating skills are unmatched.  This little Mandalorian has the right words here. Girls have incredible skills finding out important information.


I haven't seen my friend Shirley F since our days of working together at the courthouse in my hometown. We reconnecting at social media and Shirley has this kind of sense of humor. She was always making us laugh at work. 


A favorite funny from sweet Jessica. She has been gone two years and I can still her laughter lighting up a room. Trust me, she did this experiment to her own children. 

I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person. ~Audrey Hepburn (1929–1993)

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

So frustrating to have the power keep going out! My favorite is the first one about girls and the F.B.I.!

Linda said...

Amen on the laughter...it is important to laugh or chuckle every day, it's good for the soul. smiles

Mevely317 said...

Good ones! I'm so glad to have been alive when Lucille Ball was making us laugh.
Probably my all-time favorite song lyric is "... for it's the laughter we will remember, whenever we remember the way we were."

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those were really good funnies, I liked them all!

messymimi said...

Heeheehee! It's hard to keep up with so many blog friends, even if the power is on. Work gets in the way.

Thanks for the grins!