Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Thankful Thursday

Please visit Thankful Thursday to show everyone what you are thankful for.
This is the post office in Bridal Veil , Oregon. This was once a ghost town but it sits in close proximity to Multnomah Falls which is a breathe taking view of the falls. I know this because someone I know visited there and said it was spectacular.
I mentioned this because when I posted about Loveland, Colorado and how you can make sure your Valentine's Day cards are hand stamped from this sweet post office I searched other states that have this unique service. I sent several cards here but the post mark was plain and simple. I read an article that brides travel there in droves because they do offer a hand stamped service for your wedding announcements. There are other cities where I sent cards for Valentine's in the past and none of them had the hand stamped postmark like Loveland. It was interesting so I had to share it.
Here is a sweet vintage Valentine. I love sending and receiving cards so I am anxious to get all my cards to Loveland very soon. I am thankful for these services and enjoy using them. Do you send cards?

5 comments:

Sandee said...

I checked out Loveland cards yesterday. Fun thing to do if one sends out cards. We used to, but quit many years ago. We get very few now. Hubby and I give each other cards on special occasions. That's about it.

I hope you had a blessed Thankful Thursday, Anne. Big hug. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

That little Post Office is sure something and that water fall is beautiful. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Mevely317 said...

I'd quite forgotten that sweet tradition! Nope, greeting cards have become so darn expensive; and few people even hang onto them like they used to. Actually, I'm debating about spending the $ to purchase Publisher. While at work, I used to love creating my own cards on the company's software. (heh-heh)

Theresa said...

I love sending and receiving cards! I will be getting my Valentine's Day cards ready to mail soon! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Edna B said...

That tiny post office reminds me of the one we had when I was a teenager. The little building was the general store, post office, fire department, etc. Gee, how times have changed. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.