Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"I" is for Imagination

Good evening and welcome to by "I" post tonight. Please stop Jenny's place .I am incredibly happy. I love having all of you for friends and I want to share my favorite "I" word with you! I M A G I N A T I O N ! The dictionary says this about my word 1.  : the act of forming a mental image of something not present to the senses or never before wholly perceived in reality.
2. : creative ability, ability to confront and deal with a problem.  the thinking or active mind.

3. :  A creation of the mind. Fanciful or empty assumption.

Whew! That is a lot of information! Maybe information overload! But I am so happy to be in my new home soon that I wanted to share it with you.

So I am imagining the comfort and coziness of my new home and wanting to share it with you. I am going to take lots of photos and share my room by room decorating with you. I an not an extremely talented decorating gal but I like a home to have a welcoming feeling and I want this home to be like the home I grew up in. My mother never had a lot of fancy things and we were allowed to sit on the furniture and she did not ban us to the basement or anything! We lived in a well loved and well lived in home. My father cared for the yard with perfection. My mother cooked and made us all smile. I want that in a home. Not a showplace where people can Ooh and Ahh then leave feeling nothing ! I want to share my imagination with you and in the process you can come on this new journey with us.

Tonight my brother-in-law Mike gave us a bottle of champagne to celebrate our house. He also gave us a picture of a sunflower with a butterfly that a friend painted for him. He had recently left a job and was starting a new adventure and she said she had painted that picture for him to take on his new chapter in his life. The only catch was that he had to pass it on to someone else who deserved it. I was honored that he chose us. He was tickled that we were moving into a new place and he wanted to give us that photo to share with our new journey. I will post a picture later as I left it at the new house.

I have had this vision of a home in my mind for a long time. I always thought a miracle would happen and we would just stay where we are. But God had a different plan for us. I am so grateful for the goodness and greatness of God. I am imagining Heaven with Him one day. Until then I want to share my new place with all of you.

Now imagine black and white in our new bedroom....

13 comments:

Dogmom Diva said...

I'm so excited for you, and can't wait to see pictures!

hugs

Gattina said...

Now we can only hope that your imagination becomes reality !

a moderate life said...

Hi Annie! I am visiting you from alphabet thursday and I wanted to say congratulations and best of luck in your new home! I too LOVE having a warm inviting lived in home. There is nothing better than a hearth where all can feel comfortable and warm! I am now following your blog and the bed spread looks lovely! all the best. Alex

Rinkly Rimes said...

Yes! I'm imagining! And it's all very lovely and just the way you want it!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I imagine it would be quite lovely!

Susan Anderson said...

I love a black and white bedroom!

=)

Mollye said...

I am so thrilled for you. I am anxious to hear all about your new home and of course follow you about the decorating. You will be the diva of decorators probably!! If not I know you will be the Queen of Welcome! It isn't the decorating scheme or the finery, or anything external that makes a beautiful home, it is the people! The heart and soul of a home that reflects the heart and souls of the ones who live there. Oh your home will be so wonderful! XXXWarm hugs, Mollye

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Congratulations Anne! I am so happy for you! I know how much you've been dreaming of this new home. Imagination is a wonderful "I" word!

Hugs, Pat

Theresa Plas said...

Congrats and excited for your on your new home too! "Imagination" is a GREAT "I" word!

Judie said...

I imagine that your house is beautiful and that you are wildly happy!

Marlee said...

Congrats on your new home! I look forward to seeing the results of your "imagination" in your making it a comfortable and cozy haven.

Brenda said...

I always love to see how other people decorate their homes and it is always fun when you get to start over. Imagination is a good word.

Jenny said...

Oh, I am so happy you're going to have a chance to let your decorating imagination soar in your new home.

Congratulations.

And thank you for an inspiring stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter "I".

A+