Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Woodpeckers



I have always found the Woodpecker to be a fascinating creature. They are interesting feathered friends and I wanted to say I think God had some great ideas when he created the world. The woodpecker is one of them. They are just interesting looking birds and their purpose is something our Maker must have had in mind when he decided to blueprint this bird!
We can always smile when we see a woodpecker if we grew up with "Woody" one of the most famous woodpeckers who also had his own cartoon show. Woodpeckers are found worldwide except for Australia, New Zealand, Madagascar and the extreme polar regions. They live in forests and woodlands. A few of this species lives in treeless areas  such as rocky hilltops and deserts. There are about 200 species and this bird is becoming endangered due to loss of habitat  and habitat fragmentation. You may see one of these often colorful birds hanging around your home as they love wood and like to bore through wood! Keep your eyes out for these interesitng birds.
Please stop by Angela's She is an amazing hostess. Come join the fun and thank her for sharing each week with all of us..

5 comments:

Ruth said...

very interesting!

Jeanne said...

Good morning Anne, I just read some of your posts I missed. I love your header with your mom's photos. I will always miss my mom too. She was the strength, love and joy in my life. I know your mom was all of these things and more. We are lucky to have ad a wonderful mom who was a special blessing.

I am so happy you have your new home and wish you many years of happiness as you get settled in. The painting from your brother is a very special gift indeed.

I too love woodpeckers. We see them often here in the mountains.

Wishing you happy festive days ahead.
Hugs, Jeanne

Angela said...

I love woodpeckers Anne! I love seeing their exotic looks that they have about them. I love hearing them pecking away in the woods! They are a extremely beautiful looking birds. I even put out suet just for them. They do like the regular sunflower seeds to but do they love the suet!

Tuesdays' Show & Tail!
Angela

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

OK...ya know how I love to belt out a great song. Would ya believe I had a record when I was just a small chicklett called Woody Woodpecker's Waltz. I still remember the words.

I feed the birds year round and have many variety of the little wood peckin' birds.

BTW: I commented below on the giveaway...Thanks so much.

Ya'll have a marvelously blessed day sweetie!!!

Chatty Crone said...

They are pretty and they're noisy when they tap their mating taps on the house. We have one and the whole house seems like it shakes.

sandie