Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

MY MOM

Today is the ninth anniversary of the loss of my mother. It is always a difficult day and I never  expect it to get any easier. No photos today as I am at my break for lunch. Just my sweet mom's face in my header as a beautiful young woman and a small girl. She is the smaller girl in the first communion photo.

It is a bittersweet day for me because my mother passed away on the anniversary of her own mother's birth. My maternal grandmother was the very best friend any girl could ever have. I would not trade her for anyone yet she was taken from me and it was also a devastating loss.

So I want to say today that I miss my other abnd grandmother both! They were such wonderful strong women. They survived so much and raised wonderful families in the process,

I just want to say if you still have a mom or grandmother please give them a big hug for me. You never know what you have until it is taken from you.

On a hapier note the day was perfect because we close on our house tomorrow. God is good. He is very good.

"Walk worthy of the Lord."  Colossians 1:10

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending hugs to you Anne. Know that your sweet mother and grandmother are together and waiting for you just beyond the horizon.
Congrats on the new home!
Looking forward to 'the tour!'

Your Friend,
Deborah

Anonymous said...

Oh Anne, I know today must be hard for you. I will be praying for you. I am also going to give my Mom a big hug. My Mimmie was a few hours away from passing away on my birthday. I can't wait to see pictures of your new house!

Anonymous said...

Your Mother and grandmother would be very happy that you are closing on your house. I hope everything goes smoothly and that God will richly bless you all in your new home. May God comfort you with loving memories of your loved ones.

Mike Golch said...

Hugs and more hugs.Sept was 7 years since I lost my Mom.

Heather said...

congratulations on the closing on the home!!! How wonderful.

I understand totally on how devastating losing your mom is. It is so hard to believe, isn't it? I miss mine so much it is unbelievable at times.

I think both your mom and grandma would be thrilled about your new house!!!!

nancy said...

COngratulations on you new home. I am sure the good lord will keep your mon in good hands. She is now an Angel.
God bless.
Nancy

Marilyn said...

I still miss my dad, and now my husband even more. So I understand how you were feeling today.

I'm happy about the house news! Will look forward to hearing more about it. ♥♫

a moderate life said...

Sending you a big hug for your mom. I miss my granny that way too. All the best, alex

Mollye said...

Oh Anne I totally understand your Momma feelings and I'm hugging you. Tomorrow is the 22nd Anniv. of my Momma's passing. Love you, Mollye

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Dear Anne, sending you big hugs and much love.

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Carole in the UK said...

Anne, First of all - big hug, as I know and understand how you feel, as I lost my very best friend who was my mum in 2000.

With the years flashing by so rapidly now, very often, I say to myself, "I still cannot believe that Mum has been gone x years" and then I calculate the number of days and then I am amazed that I have not seen her for that length of time!

It is so hard as sometimes I want to share the fact I have two grandchildren now, but then I encourage myself saying, "I know you can see them Mum" and I smile to myself, knowing that our loss is heaven's gain. She was a christian and I know that she is peeping over the balcony of heaven and smiling.

God bless you and your sweet memories of your dear mother.

Intense Guy said...

I gave my a great big hug.

And now I'm sending you one - mentally... can you feel it??

MMmmmmmMMMMMMMMhhhhhhhhhugggggg!

Jenny said...

I'm a few days late but I'm sending you a big hug and a prayer anyway!