Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

ALPHABE- THURSDAY

My goodness, it is time for Alphabe-Thursday already. I have to remember to link up but go over to jennymatlock.blogspot.com and check it out.

Today I  am showcasing   the Letter "I" which stands for  Ink! The dictionary says Ink is a fluid or viscous substance used for writing or printing. Sources say that ink was invented by the Chinese over 5000 years ago. The ink was a mixture of pine smoke and lamp oil, thickened with gelatin  from animal skins and musk!

Ink has changed throughout the years and we use it in our printers attached to our computers as well as to write letters to loved ones far away. Ink is used to create tatoos. Ink is what you are seeing as I am typing this post. It is really an amazing item and I hope you have enjoyed this quick little post. I am providing some google images to go with it. Thanks for sharing the letter "I" with me today!

13 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a fun post! The letter I has been my hardest post so far, but my favorite 'ice cream' came through for me!

Vicki/Jake said...

Trying to do some catching up! And how true about ink...don't think we realize how important it really is...kind alike breathing (o:
Great I post!

Betty said...

I never event thought of Ink for an I word. Very interesting post.

Steph said...

Gotta have ink. I especially like when it is used to stamp images on lovely cards.

Unknown said...

Ink is so under rated,
thank you for the reminder.

Happy Thursday!

Did you know that I am now hosting a new meme? Find out more Blog of the Week Please join us for the WEEKEND FUNNIES. Week #2 is this Friday to Sunday (March 19-21). See you there? hugs shakira Oscar Wilde-The IRISH Gentleman ART OF GENEROSITY

UNSPOKEN BREAKFAST FOR THE SOUL

MrsJenB said...

Oh, ink. I remember what a proud day it was when we were allowed to switch from writing in pencil to writing with ink! It's funny how my handwriting has sort of changed since I don't write as much by hand as I did when I was younger. It's all about the keyboard now!

Jenny said...

Aren't you the clever one?

I never would have thought of INK!

And I love your Imaginative Illustrations for your post!

A+

laterg8r said...

great post - love the inkwell :D

Jo said...

what a cool i post ... i would have never thought of ink yet it is something i rely on daily!

Kat said...

Great idea for the letter I. Love the images you chose to illustrate your post, particularly the photo of the signing of the Declaration of Independence (that is what the last photo is, isn't it?) The pen really can be mightier than the sword. Just wish people would remember that :) Kathy

jeff campbell said...

Nice post...to think what all it took way back when to put together a little ink...

Unknown said...

without ink there would be no books and that would be so sad!!!!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Ah! lovely ink :o) I use fade-proof ink in the artwork I do :o) Thank goodness we dont have to make our own ink like that of the Chinese from way back when!

Blessings & Aloha!
(still trying to catch up on all the wonderful "I" posts!)