Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

A Pink Irish Saturday

Happy Pink Saturday to all! Thanks to Beverly over at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ for hosting our weekly Pink Parade.

I am showcasing my husbands shaving mug with pretty pink flowers on it. This cup date stamped "Germany 89" belonged to his grandfather Avery Robinson. My late father-in-law Carl Robinson lost his dad as a small child. He lost both of his parents and was orphaned by age 5. But this cup belonged to his dad and he gave it to my husband many years ago. My husbands grandfather immigrated to the US from Ireland and the history is very interesting.

My husband has carried this cup with him for many years and we keep it safe in our china hutch. It is bone china and a very unique piece. We will treasure this precious memory and pass it down to one of our children some day.

I am posting the picture here.


Now make sure you stop by some Pink blogs this weekend. There are lots of us out there and we always love & welcome your comments.

Stop by Bunny Cottage at http://bunnycottage.blogspot.com/. This is a beautiful blog with lots of my favorite things on display. I love her Easter Chicks! I have not put out my Easter display yet so I will show you my Easter Chick socks.



Finally I will share my new Pomegranate Lemonade Candle from  Bath & Body Works. I was picking up a gift card for my giveaway winner Wendy at and treated myself to a new candle! Yummy!

I am sorry for the pics because they are not at their best! I should have recharged my camera Any suggestions on upgrading to an affordable camera that is easy to use?

Next visit Melissa at http://charmschooljewels.blogspot.com/ . She has a sweet blog with lots of pretties and I hope to visit again very soon.

Havem a great weekend everyone!

22 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Sweetie...
What a beautiful post. I adore this shaving mug. It is so very delicate and what a history. To know that it traveled so many miles, and survived every one of them. What a family treasure for sure.

Thank you for sharing. I love the chickie socks. They look so soft and comfy. Love the candle too. Aren't their candles just the best?

Have a beautiful Pink Saturday. Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Anonymous said...

The shaving mug your DH inherited is truly a family treasure. You're both so lucky to have it both for sentimental value and for it's loveliness.
Those are such cute little Easter chicks sox from the Bunny Cottage. I've gotta dig out my St. Patty's sox and my Easter ones. Happy Pinks, Anne~

Grace said...

Happy Pink Saturday!! What a cute post. I love the shaving mug. HUgs Grace

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a great thing to have and such a treasure the shaving mug. Very special.

Vicki said...

Hello, Anne,
I love that shaving mug and the story behind it. I am so glad your husband has this keepsake of his family's history. I know you will always cherish it. Thank you for featuring me on your post. I hope you have the loveliest of weekends, dear friend! Vicki

Heart2Heart said...

Anne,

What a beautiful cup. I've been a sucker of these since I bought my first tea set! Love it!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi girlfriend..great post! I bet that candle smells divine..I need to get to bath and body works but I spend too much $$ when I go!

Love the shaving mug, what a treasure to have that. So many of us don't have a lot of our ancestors things I know we had to beg my nana for some of her things, otherwise she thought most of what she had was JUNK. Can you imagine? I treasure the few things I have from her.
Those socks are IT..too cute?

have a great weekend, love you..
Barb

Anonymous said...

Lovely post and blog Happy Pink Saturday!PS I am having a pink blog giveaway!

Ann said...

Really great to have the mug which survived a childhood without his parents, I'm sure it is priceless to him. Love the chickie socks. Happy Pink Saturday.
Ann

Parsley said...

I just smelled that candle fragrance last week. It's great! I like the new pineapple orchid too.

Sue McPeak said...

What a family treasure in the shaving mug, and perfect for this Irish Pink Saturday. Thanks for sharing the story. Well, we gotta have those chicky socks...so cute and perfect for Easter season. Have a great Pink Saturday...Sue

Char said...

I love that your husband has something to treasure from his family. Most men don't seem to care much about those things. His shaving mug is very pretty, love the detail on the front. It's been in the family so long and is so well loved. Of course, you have to love the chicks too, Happy Pink Saturday sweetie, Char

Pam said...

Love the socks. My friend was wearing shamrock ones at lunch yesterday. The shaving mug is such a wonderful treasures.

Happy pink Saturday.

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Anne,
What a special treasure this is, it must mean so much. THank you for sharing that incredible story.
I just received your postcard, thank you so much!!! I will send you and email.
Happy weekend to you and your family!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a great shaving mug and love the history behind it!
Debbie

Vicki/Jake said...

Nice keepsake. My g-g-grandpa's shaving mug is still in the house he built in 1868. A good friend owns the house now and it's fun to go there and see stuff.
Nice candle...but I can help you upgrade to something even better than that. Fragrance fans! Go to my Change in a Bottle blog and check them out...yes, I'm shamelessly promoting myself (o:
Have a great Saturday..

LV said...

Loved your pink feature for today. Everything was great but I love old vintage things, so the mug caught my eye.

Maggie said...

Happy PS!

In Shoes We Trust,
Maggie Mae
"Do these shoes Match this purse?"

Monica said...

Hello,
many thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comment.
Your hubby's shaving mug is such a precious memory (and beautiful too)- you're lucky it survived its travel across the pond!
Happy PS,
Monica.

Unknown said...

Love the story and the shaving mug. It was especially interesting to me because my husband has his great great grandfather's shaving mug and he was born in Ireland too! Happy Pink Saturday.

Diann @ the Thrifty Groove said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

That shaving mug is beautiful! what a wonderful treasured keepsake!

Unknown said...

Hi,
I am so glad you were able to stop by my blog and enjoy PINK Saturday! I have been enjoying your blog as well.

Hey, I highly Recommend Cannon Powershots...I just had some issues and they were the Best in Customer support..paid for me to ship my camera, fixed it free and back in less than a week. Amazing in this day for Customer Service!

You have a blessed week!
Lorena