Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spiritual Sundays

I want to welcome everyone today to one of my favorite posts! I was so tickled last weekend there were 42 participates in Spiritual Sundays including myself and I visited each and every one! At least that was the count early Sunday morning!

So say hello to Ginger and Charlotte and join us here. I have a two part post today. My first half is a poem from a book I have called "Dear God, It's Me and It's Urgent" by Marian Stroud. It is a delightful little book with prayers for every season of a woman's life. I do a little bible study daily with the Radio Bible folks and I have loved and cherished this ministry since 1983! I am a working gal and life there is not always pleasant. Here is a lovely thought to share with you today:

A Woman At Work
is God's gift to me;
 Whether I am working for money or for love
is irrelevant in His sight.
I can invest my energies and skills
to build things that will last
in my own life
and in the lives of others;
or I can fritter my talents away
without thought or consideration.

But the work that I do today is important
because I have exchanged a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes,
today will be gone forever.
I hope that I will not regret
the return that I receive for it.
The second part of my Spiritual Sunday is dedicated to this gentle man, George Beverly Shea. He celebrated his 101st birthday on February 1st! I think God keeps him around because of his beautiful spirit and he is such a rare man in this day and age. My late father loved to listen to him sing and I am sharing one of his beautiful hymns here with you today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czWJfkDCB74

19 comments:

Peggy said...

Blessings Anne... What a precious sister you are! Three great blessings; two you shared here and one left for me at my blog! I am blessed and humbled; thanking you for your prayers. "HOW GREAT..." HE IS...beautiful. How wonderful to share this in memory of your precious father! We can all rejoice as we sing along with this one! Such a blessing that Mr. Shea is here to keep on singing for us!

I already passed your poem on to another friend in a difficult work situation and I'm sure this is a God send! A Bible study on the radio...hmmmm...that's interesting!

You should receive an award for visiting everyone. That's a goal & challenge for each of us! Each of these are so inspirational, it certainly is worth it and such a great encouragement!

May the LORD meet you each step of the way this week making life a bit more pleasant & blessing you with His Presence, meeting your daily needs as you lift others in prayer!

Thank you...Peggy

Joyfulsister said...

What a beautiful post that goes along with your beautiful spirit. I would love to read that book!!!

Thanks for stopping by and blessing me with heart.

Hugz Lorie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That's very touching and inspirational too! Thank-you for your sweet comments too!
Have a lovely Sunday,
Cindy

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Happy Sabbath, Anne! I don't know if I am to 'register' or McLinkey someplace for Spiritual Sundays, but I love the idea.

The poem brought me up short, so it was quite effective!!!

I post something called Sabbath Peace each Sunday. I hope you'll check it out!

Susan said...

Your post reminds me of the verse that says, whatsoever our hands findeth to do, do it as unto the Lord.

Unknown said...

I especially liked the last stanza of the poem. Wouldn't we all be better off if we practiced those thoughts. I'm so impressed that you were able to visit everyone last week. I always have good intentions....Have a blessed week.

Lynn said...

I just watched a Gaither Family show last night which showed George Beverly Shea and he sang in that clear strong voice. Don't know how recent it was, but he did not stand to sing and looked a bit frail, but his voice became stronger and his face radiated in such joy the more he sang of the Lord. HOW GREAT THOU ART. Blessings on Palm Sunday.
Lynn

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

An inspiring post. I didn't know George Beverly Shea was still living. Amazing!

Lisa said...

I love your sweet encouraging spirit! Thank you for this lovely post and beautiful song. I was not aware Mr.Shea was still living. What a talent!

Ann said...

Anne- beautiful post. Love the poem you posted. I used to listen to George Beverly Shaw each time he sang with Billy Graham.
Ann

Gwendolen Elaine said...

How lovely,Anne!Your post is so thoughtful and sweet!

GwendolynKay said...

A lovely poem. Peace be with you on this blessed Palm Sunday!
Gwen

LeAnn said...

What a lovely poem, and how cool to find out it is his 101 birthday!!! What a fabulous man that has been a precious part of impacting so man live. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to read your post today. I would love to read that book. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. May God richly bless you!!

Happy Palm Sunday!

RCUBEs said...

Beautiful poem. Reminds me to store treasures that last forever! I love that song! Thank you for sharing and have a blessed week. God bless.

Chatty Crone said...

Good thought - we shouldn't waste any days should we.

Sandie

Jenny said...

Absolutely lovely post Anne. Thank you for sharing this.

Connie said...

I enjoyed your post this morning. So glad that God gives us each ways to deal with our lives and to grow in Him. Did not know Mr. Shea was still living - have always loved that strong, full singing voice. I love listening to the Gaithers, also!

Ladynred said...

What a wonderful and inspirational post you have! Bless your heart and Happy Easter!