Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

"TREES" BY JOYCE KILMER

Welcome to Spiritual Sundays! I am going to share one of my favorite poems with you today. It is titled "Trees" by Joyce Kilmer.He was  an American  journalist, poet,literary critic and editor. He wrote this lovely poem in 1913. I hope you like it.

I think that I shall never see
A poem as lovely as a tree.

A tree who's hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast.

A tree that looks at God all day
And lifts her leafy arms to pray.

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair.

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me
But only God can make a tree.

















I like to rise early in the morning and look out my window and see God's beauty surrounding me. It makes me feel so happy and so content. I learned as a small child that everything good comes from God but I know it is true because I see it everyday. The simple pleasures in life are truly the best.

Please stop by http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/ to see Charlotte and Ginger and all the other bloggers who share in this most delightful Sunday post.

8 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Ann, ah to hear Joyce Kilmer's poem again! thank you! And Thank you for the limerick. How sweet of you to write about me! I'll let you know about the winner on march 18... :)

Charlotte said...

I just linked your blog on the Spiritual Sundays blog. Thanks for sending the comment about it. I wouldn't want to miss this post or have others miss it. Beautiful tree picture and a great poem.
Have a wonderful week.
Charlotte

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I love trees...and all nature....it's where He shines the most for me. thanks for sharing the poem...have a great week. Sarah

whidbeywoman said...

It is in nature that I feel closest to God!I guess thats why I love the outdoors so much....

Musings of A Minister said...

I'm glad my wife, Charlotte linked this post to Spiritual Sundays. This is a beautiful poem. Yes, all good gifts do come from God. Thank you for posting.

Rhodema said...

You are a kindred spirit. I, too, love trees. Nature and flowers make me happy. They reflect God's glory... Spring is awesome.

Enjoy your week.

LeAnn said...

What a lovely poem! I too love trees and the simple things in life. :)

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a beautiful poem. I love trees, I don't thank there is such a thing as having to many trees.
God Bless,
Ginger