Pages

Friday, April 29, 2022

Feline Friday and Pink Saturday

 Feline Friday]


Morris the cat was a rescue who became a star of TV commercials for 9 LIves cat food.  Although the original Morris passed away in 1978 at the age of 17, his successors have all been rescue cats just like the orighinal Morris. I had a Morris the Cat t shirt and so did our oldest daughter Noelle. My aunt Ang's sister Rose who lived in Anaheim had a neighbor who worked for  the 9 Lives cat food company and gave us each a free Morris t shirt. I have that photo and will have to hunt it up and share it here.

The wonderful thing about Morris is as an advocate for kindness to animals, Morris led the Morris' Million Cat Rescue in 2006 to find felines everywhere to find a home they could call their own. 

He also ran for President in 1988 and 2012. Oh Morris, you would have made a fine president. 


Pink Saturday

We have high winds and cold air here so I am heading into the kitchen to make a cup of hot tea for my honey and me. Have a wonderful weekend. 

6 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I remember him well.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Being in the UK I haven't heard of Morris. It is good that 9 Lives used rescue cats, and even better that they were gingers!

Sandee said...

Morris was a most wonderful television start. I learned more about him today.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a blessed weekend, Anne. Big hug. ♥

Linda said...

It looks like it wants to rain here...and its quite muggy too. I hope you have beautiful day friend. smiles

stevebethere said...

Nice post and cute photo I am not aware of Morris either but was a nice read

Have a gingertastic weekend Anne 👍

messymimi said...

Morris is very special. He said, "I don't think felines are a fad, I believe we're here to stay." Or something similar to that, and he was right.