Pages

Friday, April 8, 2022

Feline Friday

 I don't have a photo of Thackery, but my friend Anne in Texas lost her sweet boy. She and her husband adopted him from a reputable shelter but his condition was not fully disclosed. Tens of thousands of dollars later, they did everything they could to take care of this precious boy. He was the child they could never have. The few years he was their phamily,. he had a very good life. He had the run of the house. He was the king of his castle. She is so broken. Please say a prayer for her. With the loss of Ellen's sweet boy Sammy, I like to think those two are enjoying running free at the Rainbow Bridge, free of pain and suffering. 


Please visit Feline Friday

Rebekah and Hannah lost a dear friend, Ryan to stomach cancer. He would have turned 34 years old one day after Rebekah in June this year. He is survived by his wife Taylor and a loving phamily. That is a wicked disease. My grandmother passed away from it. I saw what it does to a person and I was still a child.  My mom's youngest sister was in her early fifties when that dreadful disease took her life . My friend Chris lost her husband  Martin, at age 33 also and he left her too soon with two young children. Pray for Ryan's loved ones please.


 Nick found out his track coach from Cowley College passed away from ALS.  Coach Phillips was inducted into the Kansas Athletic Hallof Fame in 2020. He had just retired and was looking forward to new phamily  times with his loved ones. Here are some photos from Nick's track and field days with the Cowley Tigers:


Nick's favorite memory of the Coach was the itenirary he would create. That is Coach Phillips on the far left of the photo at the bottom.  He would say you have to be on the bus at 6:28 A.M. Nick did not believe it until he saw two kids walking to the bus at that time and the Coach told the driver to pull away. He taught them respect and how to be timely and how to keep their grades up so they would never be kicked off the team. They never were late and they never lost their spot on the team! He took them to NYC to run indoor track at the Armory in March 2013 as we were blessed to go there with Jeremy, Hannah and Avery and myself. What a wonderful trip that was . 

I still have my Cowley Tigers shirt.


"My flesh and my heart my fail, but God is the strength of my heart,and my portion forever. "Psalm 73:26  Please visit Pink Saturday


Please visit Pink Saturday


Some pink cheerfulness after I shared sadness today. I hope you have a blessed and beautiful weekend. We are grateful we at least are back on line without interuption.  Now to get a Direct TV box for Nick so he may watch his programs. 



8 comments:

Terra said...

So sad about the young man who died, I am praying for his loved ones. I am praying for your friend also, who lost her dear dog. There is heart break in this world, and there is joy, Jesus is near us in all times.

Sandee said...

Prayers for the furbabes that went to the bridge. We love Ellen and will miss sweet Sammy.

Oh how awful about that young man dying so young. Prayers for his family and friends.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect weekend. Big weekend hug, Anne. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's way too much sadness and we're so very sorry to hear about Thackery, Ryan and the Coach. We send prayers to all.

Mevely317 said...

Prayers lifting for Anne, Ellen and Taylor. So many more whose hearts are broken. Exquisite grief I understand -- as do you. All who've walked through the fire and come out the other side. Wasn't it Churchill who said, when you're going through Hell, keep on walking.

messymimi said...

It's hard to lose family, friends, and pets. Each bring something special into our lives.

Have a blessed Palm Sunday weekend!

meowmeowmans said...

So much loss, pain, and sadness. We are so sorry, and are definitely purring and praying for Mom Ellen, Anne, Rebekah and Hannah, and all of Ryan's loved ones, and Nick and the Coach's loved ones.

pilch92 said...

So much sadness lately. I will pray for all those who have lost a loved one ( 2 and 4 legged). Thank you for mentioning my sweet Sammy. XO

Edna B said...

That's a great "Good Vibes" photo. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.