Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 

A shout out to my cousin Ce's husband Mr. Tom Sanders, who was my Earth Science teacher in 1971 when I was transferred to Central High School after the Catholic schools closed. He gave me an interest in science that I never had before. He was fresh out of college and a soft spoken gentleman. I Learned a lot from him. For that I am very thankful. 

Please visit  

Although lupini beans are more from the Italian culture, I learned to love these little tasty snack treats when I was a kid. Mount Carmel Catholic Church in my hometown had an annual Summer Bazaar. You could buy a cup of these for a quarter. ah...those were the days. I usually buy these at Lulu's Farmers Market in Brighton, Colorado these days but since I can not get there until this weekend, I ordered a jar from amazon.com I grew up on this stuff and still love it today. Very thankful for my knowledge of my own heritage, my husband's Irish heritage on his dad's side and my aunt, my dad's oldest sister, who catered weddings, political events and all the banquets when I was a kid. She married an Italian man and therefore I learned so much about good Italian food.  Thankful for all those I loved who have left this old earth.

The lazy Mister Kitty says good morning everyone. He has several spots where he prefers his lounging and this is one of them. Thankful for his company, no matter that no one else cares much for him. He keeps my feet extra warm in the cold months so I will keep him around and continue to lavish lots of love and good food and cold water for him to enjoy. Thankful.


9 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

A good science teacher is a wonderful thing, our Dad had one too and he made quite the impact. Mister Kitty, you're looking mighty fine. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Susan said...

Never heard of that kind of bean. Interesting. Thanks so much for stopping by Writing Straight from the Heart and commenting, too. Hope you and your entire family have a beautiful and blessed Easter!

Sandee said...

Now you have me thinking of all my teachers. That's a good thing.

I've not heard of these beans. They sound very good.

Mister Kitty is most handsome.

Have a blessed Thankful Thursday, Anne. Love and hugs. ♥

Linda said...

...and I am thankful for you too. P.S. I am not a science person (my son was) but I did have a great History teacher, Mr. Potter in the 5th grade. Have a beautiful day friend.

Kathe W. said...

Hugs to your Mister Kitty! Have a lovely day!

Mevely317 said...

Hurray for Amazon! When we couldn't find the salt-free seasoning they served at the hospital, somebody suggested I look on Amazon. Sure enough, they had '17' so I'm a happy camper.

'Never heard of lupini beans, but that's just the sort of stuff I'm drawn to. On my way to Google it now!

pilch92 said...

Never heard of those beans. Mister Kitty is a cutie. XO

Ginny Hartzler said...

You and Mr. Kitty are blessed to have each other. I think teachers are so underappreciated, and underpaid!

messymimi said...

There's so much good food from so many cultures and if i try to taste everything i'll get fat!