Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Happy Heavenly Birthday Mom!

 

Oh mother, my pretty , sweet little mom in her plaid dress. What a beautiful person you were. I see you today, gliding through Haven, chatting with the likes of  Tom Seaver, Phil Niekro, all the old time ball players. I bet dad is with you, making the rounds. Everything I know about the game my father taught me. But mom, you have a birthday today. I miss your wisdom. I miss your voice on the phone and I miss you telling me, life is hard, pray harder. I am guessing you are having a phamily reunion up there. Pat is with you, all your siblings, everyone who went before you. You stood alone at the end The final sibling, the final in-law,  I am missing you so very much. But I would not wish you back to this earth, not for a moment in time. Hard times are coming to the USA. The ones you and dad warned me about.  Your advice was always to pray harder. I hope you are enjoying all the babies who left us too soon too. I know you are enjoying your heavenly homr. I want to come there with you one of these days. Until then, happy birthday mom. I love and miss you so very much. 


I miss your baking and your cheesecake. I miss your scent of light cologne. You always were a people person and I took after you. Enjoy your birthday. Give them all a kiss and hug for me. 



Mom with our girls Gigi and her daughter Renee and one of Gigi's other puppies. . What a wonderful animal lover my mother was. She doctored them, took such good care of them and had love to give to them.  Stop by Aw....Mondays and say hello.


My heart was broken twice this weekend. Thinking about my mom's birthday January 4th and the passing of Denver Bronco football great Floyd Little. Known as "The Franchise" Floyd Little was a remarkable man and a terrific football player. Later in his life, and in his retirement he came to the UCHSC for clinic appointments. working in the Admissions office and working the swing shift, I worked with a great group of people and we got to know Floyd. He was kind and he was gentle and he never failed to say, "Hey how is your evening going?" He once talked on the phone to my co worker Eric for about twenty minutes. Telling Eric about his glory days as a Bronco and his injuries he sustained. They sure don't make many ball players like Floyd these days. He played for the love of the game. He was classy and smart. His son said he was the luckiest son in the world to be Floyd Little's son. My condolences go out to his wife and phamily. If he is chatting with my mother I can bet Auntie Ang is joining in the conversation. She was a devoted Denver Bronco fan. My mom was a sports person. She played baseball. She loved to watch all the sporting events with my dad. 


I love to hang my laundry on the clothesline. I really am my mothers daughter. My hubby is always a great helped. We have had so much cold weather we can't hang anything out but when the warmer days come back, fresh sheets here we come! Love is...knows all the right things to say to make me feel better today.


Thank you for keeping Tarrah and Ella in your prayers.  Each day they are getting stronger and although we know Ella has a long way to go we are hopeful she is very much like her brother Logan and will grow and gain weight so she can go home where her phamily awaits. 




11 comments:

My GBGV Life said...

Happy heavenly birthday to your mom. We still have our Gramma, thankfully. Now is not a nice time to be in this world, but we are here, so we look for the good points and positive things.

Ann said...

Happy heavenly birthday to your mom

Theresa said...

A happy heavenly birthday for your Mom! I wouldn’t wish them back either even though I miss mine terribly too. Things are bad on this Earth as our loved ones are all celebrating in Heaven together. I continue to pray for Tarrah and Ella🙏🏼 Big hugs coming your way.

Sandee said...

Awww, your moms birthday. I know how special moms are and this post made me smile.

Sorry about the football player. We don't follow sports, so I've no clue about him. So sad.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Big hug, honey. ♥

Mevely317 said...

Happy Heavenly Birthday to your sweet mother! I can so identify with what you said about not wanting our loved ones to witness what's happening to our nation. Best we envision them as you've written ... circulating and loving one another ... and watching. Always watching.

Edna B said...

I love that photo of you and your mom. I like to hang my laundry on a line outdoors too. Enjoy your day, Hugs, Edna B.

Kathe W. said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! Mothers are wonderful- our mom was the glue in the family and now that she is no longer with us I try to be the glue! And I am sticking with it!
Have a lovely day every day!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Birthday to your very special Mom from all of us and gentle hugs to you.

messymimi said...

My condolences for the loss of your sweet mother, no matter how long ago it was that she first went home. Happy Birthday in Heaven to her, and hugs for you.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

What a lovely tribute to your mom and to Floyd Little.

pilch92 said...

Beautiful post for your mother. I am sorry she is no longer with you. XO