Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

I AM KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR

Welcome to Spiritual Sunday! Please stop by the link here on my sidebar and thank Charlotte and Ginger for hosting this awesome Sunday post.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock, If anyone hears My voice and opens the door I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." Revelations 3:29 NASB

My hubby has carried this exact picture with him his entire adult life. It currently hangs at the side of our front door. It always has and always will. He is where our open lies. He is all there is to accept and insure your own salvation into His Heavenly kingdom. When he knocks on your door please invite Him in.



Today I wish all father's a Happy Father's Day! Enjoy these moments with your phamily!

I ask for much prayer today. My hubby's mom is hospitalized in our hometown 120 miles from us. We are heading out the door. She suffers from Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's. The second disease has progressed and the prognosis is very glum. She can never remember my hubby and it breaks his heart. He is the middle son of three boys and one older sister. But yesterday she asked my SIL where he was. So off we go!

The day will be nice as I will be able to visit with my sis and her daughter and her phamily! It is always good to be with those you love.

Thank you for all the prayers and I ask for specific prayer for my MIL Rita and all the Robi phamily. I also ask for pray today for the phamily of Randy. He is a school teacher in Kiowa County Colorado that was suspiciously found dead. Pray for their strength in this difficult time along with the entire community. Then remember MizMollye and her phamily today. She lost her youngest son tragically this past week. I was touched that sweet MizMollye sent me an e mail thanking me for my prayers for her phamily. They need our love and support. Thank you and enjoy your Father's Day and Spiritual Sunday with all those that you love.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne, please repost on SS. Your link does not work. I found you by scrolling down to a previous week.
I think that is so special that your husband carries this photo of Jesus with him. I will continue to pray for your family...
you are all going through so much. Remember, the Lord is with you.
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:2

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Thanks for posting this and sharing the prayer requests. I'll try to remember them all...God knows them all!!! Love, hugs and prayers, Heather :)

Cathy said...

Thanks for your visit today. Praying for those requests ~ Blessings ~

Charlotte said...

Praying for your family.
Charlotte

Regina said...

Thoughts and prayers.
" R e g i n a "

Carol Mae said...

Dear Anne, Thanks for entering my giveaway and prayers and thoughts. sincerely, Carol Mae

Charlotte said...

I noticed Whidbey Woman found there was a problem with your link. I found that was true also, but I fixed it. It works now.

I really like the picture of Christ knocking on the door too. It is a good reminder that we have to open the door if we want him to come in. Thank you for sharing this. I am praying for your MIL and others you mentioned.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Hi Anne, lovely post and I've always loved that drawing of Christ knocking at the door.
BTW, your e-mail was high jacked and someone sent me a pishing...I think that's how it's spelled and what it's called...e-mail asking for money. Basically it said "you" were stranded in the UK due to the volcano in Iceland. I just laughed and deleted.

LV said...

When it rains it pours. Hate to hear there are so many difficult things facing you at once. I love the idea of that hanging near your door. Great idea and blessing.

Anne Lorys said...

Oh, I will most certainly pray for your mohter-in-law.
Hugs to your family, Anne.

Renee said...

Lovely post...Lifted up your requests....hope the trip to see your husbands mom went well...God bless.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Beautiful post, Anne! I love that image of Jesus knocking on the door. It also illustrates matthew 7:7

Saying prayers for all those in need that you mentioned.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Anne,
What a beautiful blog and thank you for sharing that picture of Jesus...I have always loved that one...My prayers are with your mother-in-law. My mom just got admitted to the hospital last night, so I know how you feel...
Sending hugs fellow sister in the Bloggerette Society and in Christ,
Cindy

Haddock said...

That door has no handle on the outside.
Which means it can be opened only from the inside.