Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Running for the Prize

Good morning and welcome to Spiritual Sundays. Please thank our gracious hostesses Charlotte and Ginger.

My youngest son Nick is a runner. He is very good at running. He also has what they like to label "ADHD. I always ask for prayers and encouragement for my son. He will be 17 this summer and he often has a hard time concentrating. Unless, of course, he is running. He has a passion for the sport and this week alone he logged 28 miles as his unofficial Cross Country Summer Training program began. The official program kicks off tomorrow.

This is a verse I often share with Nick. "Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. 1 Corinthians 9:24

Nick is a competitor. He likes to win, no, he LOVES to win! So in order to remind him that winning in this life really isn't everything I give him that verse. He was raised up to know that only One shed His innocent blood for us. While we seem to be declining in this world, people caught up with "religion" fever and all sorts of cures and causes for acquiring that ultimate gift of eternity with Christ in Heaven, we teach our children that Christ is the ultimate prize. There is no other way into heaven other then through Him who saved us.

So today I ask prayer for my son. In fact I ask prayer for the phamily during many struggles. I also keep my prayer list nearby and ask prayer today for Steve and Kat and family, Lisa, Diane, Sharon, Cindy and countless others who need our prayer. Please join me and lift up these souls in prayer. I appreciate your kindness here and your thoughtful ways and prayers make me smile.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

God loves you and your son. He loves your family. God knows what is in your heart, your every need. He is there for you, with arms reaching out like your photograph. Let Him embrace you and fill you with peace.

Sandy said...

Yes, I am praying with you! Thank you for sharing with us. Ihave taught many students with that label. I treat each student as an individual and try very hard to help each of them. I am so glad that your son has running, and that he has you for a Mom! My youngest is a 17 year olf son.
Thank you for your comments to me!

Unknown said...

Anne, thanks for sharing with us. I'm too a believer and agree with what you said. Sometimes as mothers we tend to worried. You have given your son the most important thing in his life, which is the knowledge of the Lord and His son Jesus. After that His grace will be sufficient. We can not fix everything but we can be prayerful in everything. Certain situations are too heavy for us to carry but when you cast all your worries on Him all that weight becomes bearable. You are so blessed God choose you to be Nick's mother. Nick probably feels the same way. I KNOW God have you, your family and those friends in the palm of his hand. Stand in Faith, blessings, Marta.

JEANNE said...

Dear Anne, I so understand the struggles of ADHD. My grandson has it too. He is very bright but suffers with focusing. You know the drill. My prayers go out to your son and all the ones who need our prayers.

I know that vertigo can be so debilitating. My sister suffers with it. My Aunt did too. I'm glad you are feeling better. Please do not worry about when you mail the plates. I will be happy whenever I received them. There is absolutely no hurry.

Your post is lovely and heartfelt. My heart listened. Best of luck to the big run. I pray your son does well.
Hugs, Jeanne

Intense Guy said...

I pray that Nick always runs swift and sure - and that heart is filled with joy when his feet are but a blur. May he be a true good sportman and know the meaning of being a good sport and a gentleman.

And I hope his family gets to watch him - as he rolls over the countryside and chews up the miles.

Cathy said...

He is so cute, and that is wonderful he loves running. Praying for him and your family, that God will meet all your needs. Blessings ~

Nikki (Sarah) said...

praying for your son and for the others as well. I too am a runner and know that runner's high. I don't run in races...but in the sancuary of His creation....great post on running to win.....

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I will pray for your son. He looks like a runner:)Tall and thin. I think it's a wonderful sport and most of all he likes it, God is good.
Blessings,
Ginger

Joan Hall said...

Anne:

You have been on my heart the last couple of days, and I apologize for not getting over to your blog sooner to check on you

I will certainly lift your family up in prayer.

Blessings,

Joan

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

Just lift you all up in prayer...
God is in control in our "race in this Life"!

Thanks for your comment

Bernice

Parsley said...

God cares and he knows you and all your family by name. We will join you in prayer and trust God to work in special ways.

INSIDE THE SHRINK said...

Heavenly Father, I pray that you will intervene in Anne's family that they will stand strong against the attacks from the evil one. Lord, give them the fullness of your Holy Spirit, give them wisdom, help them put on the whole armor of God. I plead the blood of Jesus over this family and believe that no thing can come against them. Shower your blessings on Anne and her family and give them peace. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

A Busy Single Mom said...

I will certainly be praying for your family with all the car trouble and other struggles. And I will be praying for your son. God bless you mightily.

☺lani☺ said...

I took 1 year course handling ADHD,most of my experiences are handling small kids, us teachers must really have a lot of love and patience dealing with them.
I'm praying for your family specially your son. God Bless.

Charlotte said...

I'm praying for your family, Anne. Sounds like you have a wonderful son. I know you are proud of him.
Blessings,
Charlotte